+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents for sponsored persons (outside sponsorship)

d15bguy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Hi everyone,

From the checklist for supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members)

7. Proof of relationship to sponsorship.

e) If you did not answer yes to all four (4) of the above questions, also provide:

Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs..............etc.

AND

select at least two of the following four options and provide the documents requested for each. Check which options you are selecting:
  • Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits)
  • Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expense
  • Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and /or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship, etc)
  • Proof of past cohabitation, if you are not currently living together but did at one point in the past.

Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits).

Would a life insurance policy that shows my spouse as my beneficiary be valid for this document?

Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expense

I have been providing allowance to support my spouse by sending money through western union or money gram. On the invoice it shows who the sender and receiver is. Also shows the name and title of each relationship. Would this be a valid document?

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

From the checklist for supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members)

7. Proof of relationship to sponsorship.

e) If you did not answer yes to all four (4) of the above questions, also provide:

Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs..............etc.

AND

select at least two of the following four options and provide the documents requested for each. Check which options you are selecting:
  • Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits)
  • Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expense
  • Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and /or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship, etc)
  • Proof of past cohabitation, if you are not currently living together but did at one point in the past.

Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits).

Would a life insurance policy that shows my spouse as my beneficiary be valid for this document?

Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expense

I have been providing allowance to support my spouse by sending money through western union or money gram. On the invoice it shows who the sender and receiver is. Also shows the name and title of each relationship. Would this be a valid document?
Yes to both of you question. thats what I sent. I also sent one letter from a good friend who knows both of us well to make the case stronger. Worked for me.

rexizzl

Jan 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-09-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Request
31-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-01-2019
Passport Req..
13-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2019
Yes. If you kept receipts of your remittance, you can send them in too as well. You may want to try this too (we did this on our application), I made an essay, narrating our relationship timeline. How we met, how we spend our time when he flies here to my country, how we communicate. Basically anything you can put in about your relationship and print it out on a separate sheet and include it in your application too. We even attached a screenshot of our change in relationship status in Facebook (in a relationship, and married) wherein on those life events, included in our screenshots is the comments of family and friends congratulating us. All through out our application, we weren't asked for any follow up documents. :) Hope this helps!

d15bguy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Yes. If you kept receipts of your remittance, you can send them in too as well. You may want to try this too (we did this on our application), I made an essay, narrating our relationship timeline. How we met, how we spend our time when he flies here to my country, how we communicate. Basically anything you can put in about your relationship and print it out on a separate sheet and include it in your application too. We even attached a screenshot of our change in relationship status in Facebook (in a relationship, and married) wherein on those life events, included in our screenshots is the comments of family and friends congratulating us. All through out our application, we weren't asked for any follow up documents. :) Hope this helps!
Thank you for the advice, I will definitely start on my letter.

d15bguy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Hey what if I got like 1000's page of text messaging from facebook with video/phone calls? I know on the application is said only 10 pages maximum.

rexizzl

Jan 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-09-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Request
31-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-01-2019
Passport Req..
13-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2019
Hey what if I got like 1000's page of text messaging from facebook with video/phone calls? I know on the application is said only 10 pages maximum.
We submitted screenshots of conversations too, but just specific ones, maybe 2-4 screengrabs and put them into one page, translate them if needed and add a description if you feel the need to do so. You don't have to show them the whole thing. :D like a message from, say, 2-3 years ago, and we submitted a screenshot of us video calling. Just to show/suffice the idea on how you guys communicate everyday.

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
We submitted screenshots of conversations too, but just specific ones, maybe 2-4 screengrabs and put them into one page, translate them if needed and add a description if you feel the need to do so. You don't have to show them the whole thing. :D like a message from, say, 2-3 years ago, and we submitted a screenshot of us video calling. Just to show/suffice the idea on how you guys communicate everyday.
The Document Checklist mentions: "Proof of Contact: Provide letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application. Translations of these documents are not required at this time. If we need translations, we will request them from you."

Please do not submit more than 10 pages and please do not submit translations even if you are using a different language in your chat.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Rexizzi is giving you good advice -- select certain chat logs/screenshots which gives an idea of what your relationship is like. How you speak with each other, the medium of interaction, etc. You may wish to choose examples that span the course of time, showing that the relationship has been strong and ongoing for awhile.

In short, don't go over 10 pages. Turning in 50 pages of unfiltered text messages won't put you an anyone's good side! If they decide they want more evidence, they'll let you know later.