+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting document - employment or insurance benefits

Marseluhu

Jan 13, 2021
Hi,
I am sending the family class application and one question box made me confused.
In document checklist in the end we read -
Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such an employment or insurance benefits)
What documents did you provide? My husband is Canadian, and we are living outside of Canada since we got married. When he called to his insurance, they told that we have to be physically in Canada to sign the documents and so I can become a beneficiary as a spouse. Unfortunately it's impossible, because I can't go to Canada.
Employment can't be done neither because he is not working in Canada anymore.
So please, can you suggest any ideas, what we can include that proves officially that we are married (other then marriage certificate).
He just filled his taxes where he wrote he is married now and my contact details, but we don't think it's good enough to provide .
Any help will be appreciated,
Thank you

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
H
Hi,
I am sending the family class application and one question box made me confused.
Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such an employment or insurance benefits)
What documents did you provide? My husband is Canadian, and we are living outside of Canada since we got married. When he called to his insurance, they told that we have to be physically in Canada to sign the documents and so I can become a beneficiary as a spouse. Unfortunately it's impossible, because I can't go to Canada.
So please, can you suggest any ideas, what we can include that proves officially that we are married (other then marriage certificate).
He just filled his taxes where he wrote he is married now and my contact details, but we don't think it's good enough to provide .
Thank you
Hi, how about his current job now? His job doesn't have to tie to Canada to prove you're recognized as each other's spouse. For my application, I included a screenshot of my company HR portal that shows I am married (with marriage cert) and my emergency contact is my husband, with his contact details, etc. We are applying outland and are both living outside of Canada.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,
Thank you
Other things can be, joint bank accounts, supplementary credit cards to the main holder, property ownership, documents showing you are both living at the same address like drivers licenses, health care cards, cell phone bills etc. Their intent is not only for you to prove you are married but also that you are living together as spouses.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Thank you
Do you have tax documents in the country you currently living? If you have kids, their birth certificates? Wedding photos?