Support letter from University for VISA Process

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Recently my visa was refused from Pakistan and I'm re applying with the help of a lawyer. I have 2 questions

1) Is there any letter which I can get from my university (Dalhousie University) to strengthen my Visa case?
2) If YES, than what should be mentioned on that letter? What kind of letter it is?

Refusal Reason: Purpose of visit, Not a bona fide student and will not leave Canada after authorized stay.

My profile:
1. Electrical Engineer 3.6 CGPA (with silver medal)
2. IELTS: 7 Bands
3. One published book in Germany
4. One research Paper
5. Admission in DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY
6. Course: MASc Electrical & Computer Engineering.
7. Bank Statement: CAD 79,000/-
8. 2 Years Work experience in the same field

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Yea! I don't see any reason why they'd refuse your visa. Your profile is marvellous with everything on point. Well, I asked my university for a similar letter when I was applying for my visa a couple of years ago. They told me that they don't do it and are not allowed to do so. However , My visa was approved in first attempt. So, I didn't have a problem .

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
yes it is too unfortunate and it happens in my country. The visa criteria is not specific but they do such thing aimlessly here. As a hard fact that it all depends on Visa officer's mood. The reason they gave me was too general and has no grounds. I have strong ties to my country, a job offer on my return back, same job experience, same research experience as of my intended course, counter checked my SOP dozens of time and asked many to do it as well. In short I did my best and got refused in 7 days and it was a great shock for me.
Is there anyone who can give me a tips to counter these general refusal reasons?

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
RTAHIR said:
yes it is too unfortunate and it happens in my country. The visa criteria is not specific but they do such thing aimlessly here. As a hard fact that it all depends on Visa officer's mood. The reason they gave me was too general and has no grounds. I have strong ties to my country, a job offer on my return back, same job experience, same research experience as of my intended course, counter checked my SOP dozens of time and asked many to do it as well. In short I did my best and got refused in 7 days and it was a great shock for me.
Is there anyone who can give me a tips to counter these general refusal reasons?
You should try to get the GCMS or CAIPS info for your refusal and that should indicate more specific reasons. Given your profile which is very strong, I don't understand what is wrong here.

Based on the GCMS info, you might be able to fight this in court. But you'll need a lawyer and may be expensive. I believe you can also appeal this decision. A good lawyer might be able to give better advice.

I also wonder if they are issuing so many refusals to generate additional revenue. A lot of this does not make sense to me!! Why does a college go through all the trouble to go through an applicants profile and issue an acceptance based on their credentials and then an Immigration officer decides whether or not he/she is a bona fide student.

I do understand that there are many individuals who are using studies as a way to immigrate to Canada and this is their only purpose. Maybe this is a cause of concern to them?? But then again, the Country and schools want more people to come in to study and immigrate and keep the economy going.

Nothing makes sense to me anymore. :'(

akhilesh2209

Mar 3, 2016
What is the reason for refusal mentioned in the refusal letter? You need to address that issue rather than addressing something which is already in place.

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey I got admission in Dal too, and I was wondering If I can get support letter too I 'm applying for Visa in end of march, Your profile does seem great It is ridiculous that they didn't approve, all d best and let me know you can get letter from Dal because yes support letters can make a huge difference.
All the best once again.

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Just be careful about timing of visa submission. Do consult proper lawyers or consultants before applying. If you are from Pakistan than you have to be more careful about it.
I have emailed my professor at Dalhousie and to the admission officer about the support letter. If I get any information I will let you know.
I'm going to defer my admission to September and I will apply in coming week.

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As per homework done by me and my lawyer, timing also plays a vital role in it. There are many other factors but timing is an important factor which most of us don't pay attention to. Recently many students who applied in February got straight rejection with exact same reason and decision was done in less than a week. That does mean that they were not ready to accept applications and criteria was strict.
Similarly, if you go for immigration there is a point system which is renewed almost twice a month. What i'm saying can be wrong but that what our homework is.
By advising you I mean to say that keep people in loop who are applying or applied recently and do ask about their application status so you get to know what is recently going on in embassy.

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
RTAHIR said:
As per homework done by me and my lawyer, timing also plays a vital role in it. There are many other factors but timing is an important factor which most of us don't pay attention to. Recently many students who applied in February got straight rejection with exact same reason and decision was done in less than a week. That does mean that they were not ready to accept applications and criteria was strict.
Similarly, if you go for immigration there is a point system which is renewed almost twice a month. What i'm saying can be wrong but that what our homework is.
By advising you I mean to say that keep people in loop who are applying or applied recently and do ask about their application status so you get to know what is recently going on in embassy.

Hey ,

is the comments mentioned by you are your assumptions or do you have an evidence , like some figures for your findings ??

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
lol I have mentioned everything clearly in my message. What I have said is not depends on assumptions. I'm serious about my application and i don't want to leave any loop hole when I apply this time. With the help of my refusal reasons, other 20 refusals in the same month, my CAIPS, homework done by my Canadian Lawyer, we did a checks to overcome the refusal reasons and came up with few stats. These were the things we discussed and as I said I may be wrong as this homework is done by us. I'm only sharing my experience and may be helpful for many students.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rtahir you have a great profile and I am completely shocked why would they refuse your visa application.
I've some questions, it will be great if your answer them (some questions can be stupid but I'm just curious ;) )
1: Have you applied for Fall Intake?
2: I have offer letter from Concordia for Bachelors in Fall intake. According to your homework what do you think is best time to apply for Visa?
3: Anything suggestion that can help me?

I feel sorry that I cant help you. I'd love to help you because you are a solid applicant without any doubt.
Decisions made for Pakistani applicants most of the time are unjust.

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear Hussain,
First of all your questions are not stupid. I know visa processing in Pakistan is hectic task and such questions arise in this process.
My session was MAY/summer but now i'm deferring it to SEP/FALL. All applicants i'm talking about were of MAY session and this might also be a reason that they were late in applying(this is my assumption). So for me, apply ASAP for FALL session without any further delay. because applying early is always better, you have time to think after getting visa, secondly if in case your study permit gets rejected you will have time to apply again for the same session.