Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Supply chain management immigrants that have landed or intend to land in 2019, please start a conv with me and Let's share info.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How narrow or how wide do you consider supply chain professions for this converstation. As this area includes several different NOC for sure.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
How narrow or how wide do you consider supply chain professions for this converstation. As this area includes several different NOC for sure.
As wide as it can be. I just need some tips on what pre arrival program is best for this sector, job search, networking, short course etc.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Kindly share your view if you are in this sector. Thank you

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are more questions there:
1. Which industry are you familiar with
2. Which province did you choose
3. Are you more overall oriented, logistics oriented, supplier management oriented or customer support oriented or maybe internal logistics?

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
There are more questions there:
1. Which industry are you familiar with
2. Which province did you choose
3. Are you more overall oriented, logistics oriented, supplier management oriented or customer support oriented or maybe internal logistics?
More of overall oriented. Purchasing, shipping, clearing, Logistics and definitely customer support. As a Logistics department head, I had to oversee almost all arms of the department besides warehousing. Province is British Columbia

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you are mainly logistics oriented and most likely with added oversee of operational purchasing and inside sales (also known as customer logistics or customer support).

Then it depends on your industry. Sorry I do not have much info about BC, as I am in Ontario.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
So you are mainly logistics oriented and most likely with added oversee of operational purchasing and inside sales (also known as customer logistics or customer support).

Then it depends on your industry. Sorry I do not have much info about BC, as I am in Ontario.
Appreciate your response.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simply said, choose your industry and then investigate where is this industry situated in BC. And then move close by.
For example if you worked for production factories, then those are rarely inside of a big city but rather on the outskirts or somewhere closer to smaller cities.
If you worked for distribution channels (like Walmart), then you need to find their logistics centers or local headquarters from where all is organized.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
simply said, choose your industry and then investigate where is this industry situated in BC. And then move close by.
For example if you worked for production factories, then those are rarely inside of a big city but rather on the outskirts or somewhere closer to smaller cities.
If you worked for distribution channels (like Walmart), then you need to find their logistics centers or local headquarters from where all is organized.
Okay I will do that. The thing is my company isnt in any particular industry, we work with companies in different industries ranging from construction to food, to automobile to general machandise. So there was no need to choose a particular industry here. But I guess things are different in Canada. I will do more research like u suggested and see how that goes. Can you recommend a short course in Logistics n supply chain management please. I feel like I can be doing that while searching for job.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay I will do that. The thing is my company isnt in any particular industry, we work with companies in different industries ranging from construction to food, to automobile to general machandise. So there was no need to choose a particular industry here. But I guess things are different in Canada. I will do more research like u suggested and see how that goes. Can you recommend a short course in Logistics n supply chain management please. I feel like I can be doing that while searching for job.
There does not exist a company that can deliver everything.
Everybody does specialize (more or less).
Even in the big stores like Walmart, people do specialize (in a way). That specialization would be sales to the end customer which has its own dynamics.

Selling from a production that is focus to the certain type of customers and they do sell according to their documentation is different then reselling certain type of parts to different B2B.

Last edited:

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Even in the big stores like Walmart, people do specialize (in a way). That specialization would be sales to the end customer which has its own dynamics.

Selling from a production that is focus to the certain type of customers and they do sell according to their documentation is different then reselling certain type of parts to different B2B.

But you should know all that by now as every decent supply chain manager.
I didn't add sales to what I typed earlier. What we do basically work for other companies. We contact suppliers, get invoices, do shipping, sort Logistics n warehousing and delivery. My company doesn't deal with any particular product we only serve as Logistics department for different companies that want to outsource. That's y I said I'm not limited to a particular industry. Thanks anyway.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018

But you should know all that by now as every decent supply chain manager.
We don't do the full supply chain management and that's why I'm trying to get a short course. With my experience n little training full SCM won't be a problem. This is the major reason y I posted here.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't add sales to what I typed earlier. What we do basically work for other companies. We contact suppliers, get invoices, do shipping, sort Logistics n warehousing and delivery. My company doesn't deal with any particular product we only serve as Logistics department for different companies that want to outsource. That's y I said I'm not limited to a particular industry. Thanks anyway.
Then what you are is a service provider - logistics center as a service provider. That is a type of industry as well. In that case try to go after such big logistics centers which are either independent or belong under a bigger company. That should be your current specialization.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We don't do the full supply chain management and that's why I'm trying to get a short course. With my experience n little training full SCM won't be a problem. This is the major reason y I posted here.
OK SCM consists of several separate exams. They do not recognize any older university diploma from abroad.
So it can take some time to get it done. If I remember well they offer like 5 or 7 different modules with an exam at the end of each and then like 1 week (or just 1 weekend) of case studies (face to face meeting). Each exam is written separately and each costs.
I did calculate the whole fun to about 5-7k CAD (that is if you are not force to repeat any of those exams). And you need something called guarantor.

In reality it is not a must to get into the industry. Some prefer it but not all.