+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS

aakash2018

Jun 21, 2018
Hi All,
I am a software professional working in India and I did my engineering in "Electronics and Communication Engineering". My canada immigration AOR date is 1st Dec, 2018.

Yesterday I got a request for "additional documents required" from CIC. They need information on SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS. I am not a student and my wife is the primary applicant. I am not sure what to respond on the following questions.
Please help me as I only have 6 more days to respond to these queries.

2- Proposed, current or past thesis.
We never had to create any thesis, should it be NA ?

3- Intended, current or past supervisor(s).
There were many professors who taught me during engineering? What should I write here ?

4- Supervisor(s) for previous studies
There were many professors who taught me during engineering? What should I write here ?

5- List of publication(s) and research papers
No publications or research papers were created by me. Should it be NONE ?

6- Source(s) of funding for studies.
Education Loan from "State Bank of India" bank.
Since I got a job after my engineering, I paid the entire load in easy monthly installments and the entire loan was repaid by April 2010.

7- Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or
organisation and in what field of work?

What should I write here ?

Name of company : Are they asking my current company ?
Duties: Are they asking my current duties ?
Name of supervisor(s) : Are they asking name of my current Supervisors ?

Last edited:

Baset81

Jul 7, 2019
Hi, I got the same request two days ago and I have one week to submit the documents? Schedule A they open a new place to upload that but supplementary information student form they did not so I am confused? should I send them that via email? I am not student now should I till them looking for your help guys?

homaiooni

Aug 6, 2019
Hi. I have the same issue. In CIC update, they asked me to upload my CV and the Supplementary Information Request form (regarding my studies). Does anyone know how I should fill this form as I'm not a student and I haven't done any thesis before and I'm already in my home country!

mbenzrider

Nov 18, 2018
Hi All,
I am a software professional working in India and I did my engineering in "Electronics and Communication Engineering". My canada immigration AOR date is 1st Dec, 2018.

Yesterday I got a request for "additional documents required" from CIC. They need information on SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS. I am not a student and my wife is the primary applicant. I am not sure what to respond on the following questions.

Since I got a job after my engineering, I paid the entire load in easy monthly installments and the entire loan was repaid by April 2010.

7- Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or

Hey Aakash
Were you be able to explain how did you fill this request and how did it go. Did you hear back? Is there any progress on your application ? Please let me know.
Kind regards

Jeremy’smum

Dec 12, 2019
Hi I just received the same request but applied for Permanent Residence so this is quite strange

How did you all resolve this ?

sunny_123

Feb 21, 2020
Hi All,

HELLO BROTHER I GOT THE SAME REQUEST COULD YOU PL HELP ME WHAT U HAD SUBMITTED ?

sunny_123

Feb 21, 2020
Hi. I have the same issue. In CIC update, they asked me to upload my CV and the Supplementary Information Request form (regarding my studies). Does anyone know how I should fill this form as I'm not a student and I haven't done any thesis before and I'm already in my home country!
HELLO BROTHER I GOT THE SAME REQUEST COULD YOU PL HELP ME WHAT U HAD SUBMITTED ?

u2can

Feb 14, 2020
Guys please post the answers with what you replied??? What happened your application post this???
If you are currently a student then fill all the details and if not then prepare a LOE which states your education timeline and what you have done since then. Do you have any publications or research work in your name? If yes then clearly state about that.
From what i heard its either that your application will go through extended security ( esp if you have any research work / are from some specific countries OR if the officer is satisfied with your answer, a regular security check would commence that should not last for more than three weeks max provided they start reviewing within a week.

Reactions: Kritika1903