Supplementary Information request for students

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Hi Guys..
I got this message from IRCC yesterday. They ask me to submit the following:

1) My CV
2) Fill out Supplementary Information request for students

The last question in the form "Supplementary Information request for students" is that they are asking about my plan and intended work I will do back home ?

Very weird question.. don't know what should I say...
any advise pls...

Reactions: i.abidi

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is it weird? This is a common immigration interview question, they want to see whether you have a plan if your application doesn't go through.

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
@delpiero
thanks for your reply.
Does it mean... my application is likely to not go through~
Why do they send this form request to some candidates but not to everyone~
Are there other candidates who got this form request and their application went through ~

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - I never said it is likely not to go through, I said it is a common interview question, that's all.
2 - I don't work for IRCC so I can't tell you why they request it. Applicants that I've seen get a request to upload their CV are usually postdoctoral candidates or involved in some kind of research activities, I don't know if that's the case with you.
3 - I've seen plenty of applicants who got requested to upload their CV and obtained PPR although i'm unsure as to whether they also had to provide this other form.

Trigger1234

May 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Guys..

1) My CV

The last question in the form "Supplementary Information request for students" is that they are asking about my plan and intended work I will do back home ?

any advise pls...
Hi,

I was also asked for the same documents. it seems that for certain nationalities, they require these document.

mehranov

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Guys..

1) My CV

any advise pls...
I also got exactly the same message for my immigration application and I have 7 days to send the required documents. However, I am not sure where to send this "SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS" because in my cic online account there is only one field to upload my CV. Plus, I am a music teacher who has completed master of arts education (course based) and I do not know what to write in fields such as "propsed, current or past thesis", "List of publication(s) and research papers" , "Source(s) of funding for studies.".
Is there any suggestion you could say

Trigger1234

May 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I also got exactly the same message for my immigration application and I have 7 days to send the required documents. However, I am not sure where to send this "SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS" because in my cic online account there is only one field to upload my CV. Plus, I am a music teacher who has completed master of arts education (course based) and I do not know what to write in fields such as "propsed, current or past thesis", "List of publication(s) and research papers" , "Source(s) of funding for studies.".
Is there any suggestion you could say

I printed the form. Filled it with a pen
Scanned it.
Attached it as the last page of my CV
Combined them in a pdf file
Uploaded it as a single pdf file in cv field.

mehranov

Jun 14, 2017
I printed the form. Filled it with a pen
Scanned it.
Attached it as the last page of my CV
Combined them in a pdf file
Uploaded it as a single pdf file in cv field.
Can i ask what was your situation? Because i am not student right now and i was graduated 2012 and i applied for skill worker based on my work experiences in Canada since 2011. It is wierd that they asked me to provide them about my acaddmic background.
Have you received any feedback after you have uploaded the documents?

Trigger1234

May 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Can i ask what was your situation? Because i am not student right now and i was graduated 2012 and i applied for skill worker based on my work experiences in Canada since 2011. It is wierd that they asked me to provide them about my acaddmic background.
Have you received any feedback after you have uploaded the documents?
Just like you. It seems they use this info for security checks somehow.
No feedback receives after two weeks

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
They gave me 30 days, though, to upload these docs.
They also gave me an email address where I can email these docs, just in case, I have any difficulty to upload these docs in CIC account.

pesarak8

Feb 26, 2017
I just received a request letter with exactly the same contents (asking for my CV and Supplementary Information Request for Students form within 30 days from the date I received the letter). I have applied under CEC category and it looks a little bit strange to me, why do they need detailed information about my educational background whereas my work experience is my fundamental reason of eligibility. Does anybody know who needs this supplementary info? Is it CIO or LVO? And, is it for eligibility assessment or security check? It is worth saying, my background check status changed to not applicable around 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance

Trigger1234

May 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I just received a request letter with exactly the same contents (asking for my CV and Supplementary Information Request for Students form within 30 days from the date I received the letter). I have applied under CEC category and it looks a little bit strange to me, why do they need detailed information about my educational background whereas my work experience is my fundamental reason of eligibility. Does anybody know who needs this supplementary info? Is it CIO or LVO? And, is it for eligibility assessment or security check? It is worth saying, my background check status changed to not applicable around 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance
Your Stream is not important. It seems that CIC is requesting this documents from certain nationalities regardless of their stream.
It seems that this document is for security check but I cannot be 100% sure.

pesarak8

Feb 26, 2017
Thanks Trigger1234.
So the information I am going to provide won't be used to assess my eligibility for CEC stream, correct?

Trigger1234

May 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks Trigger1234.
So the information I am going to provide won't be used to assess my eligibility for CEC stream, correct?
Basically it should not . The supplementary information form just contains information regarding the details of your studies such as thesis title, supervisors, etc.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Basically it should not . The supplementary information form just contains information regarding the details of your studies such as thesis title, supervisors, etc.
Hi, I received a similar request. The form also asks: " Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?". I am currently, living and working in USA however my nationality is Iranian. Is the question asking about my plans in US or Iran? Since I have not planned about returning to Iran and therefore I have no plan for employment there yet.