+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa

A13

Aug 24, 2021
Hi,

I have applied Supervisa for my parents and they already have a valid Visitor Visa. Can they travel to Canada on their Visitor visa while waiting approval on their Supervisa application?

Thnx

A13

Aug 24, 2021
Thankyou for replying.
However, if they submit their passport within Canada upon approval of their Supervisa. How will their passport be stamped since they would not be at any port of entry and would not meet an immigration officer? Wont it be an issue when they will exit the country?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thnx

Ankit1982

Aug 19, 2022
Can you please answer. Does applying for super visa invalidate tourist visa or its approval or denial imvalidate tourist visa. If super visa is not yet approved or denied, can anybody still travel to canada on tourist visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can you please answer. Does applying for super visa invalidate tourist visa or its approval or denial imvalidate tourist visa. If super visa is not yet approved or denied, can anybody still travel to canada on tourist visa.
No it does not invalidate TRV..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thankyou for replying.
However, if they submit their passport within Canada upon approval of their Supervisa. How will their passport be stamped since they would not be at any port of entry and would not meet an immigration officer? Wont it be an issue when they will exit the country?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thnx
They’ll need to leave and reenter Canada to activate their supervisa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Forum, Can i apply visitor visa for my parents if they already have supervisa? This is because they never stays for a year but the insurance has to be for whole year. @legalfalcon
Insurance has to be for a full year but once they leave you can get repaid the balance of the insurance policy you haven’t used. You should be purchasing travel medical insurance for them not matter what. Yes they can apply for a normal TRV.

Reactions: wajahatid

Sanjeev7786

May 22, 2017
Hi, I have a question. My parents have visitor visa already. They visisted back in 2019 before COVID. Now, they are in India and I was applying for the supervisa application to get the status changed. While filling up the information, I see it generated IMM5257 form, while googling - I see I need to fill up IMM5256 form. Now I am confused, which form I need to fill up. Can someone please confirm me, I don' want to fill up incorrect form.

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hi,
I want to know if the supervisa application is submitted online through IRCC portal can they still visit us in Canada if they have valid visitor visa since currently I'm pregnant and would like to have their support while waiting for the supervisa

Below is the timeline when I applied for my parents
Application submitted 24th Nov 2022
Medical done 24th Nov 2022
Biometric Request 25 th Nov 2022
Biometric appointment 1st Dec 2022

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
Insurance has to be for a full year but once they leave you can get repaid the balance of the insurance policy you haven’t used. You should be purchasing travel medical insurance for them not matter what. Yes they can apply for a normal TRV.
Hi do I have to pay in full ie 1 year insurance for my parents before submitting their application? Or when it's when they arrive the insurance payment is made. Also is it monthly payment or it has to be 1 year paid upfront?

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Hi do I have to pay in full ie 1 year insurance for my parents before submitting their application? Or when it's when they arrive the insurance payment is made. Also is it monthly payment or it has to be 1 year paid upfront?

You need to buy health insurance with minimum coverage of C$100, 000 for a Super Visa from a Canadian Insurance company. You have to buy for a validity of 1 year and by default, it is 1 year by all insurance companies when you buy health insurance for Super Visa. It is better to pay the full amount because it would give assurance to the officer that you will not cancel your insurance after landing in Canada. Also, this insurance is refundable if applicants leave earlier than the insurance validity ends. The only condition is that there should not be any claims. The insurance company will provide you with a certificate of coverage which you need to upload at the time of application. Once you submit your application, you can call the insurance company or the agent and change the start date of the insurance to when they are actually planning to come. if you are applying for a normal visitor visa then you don't need to buy insurance for the whole year and you don't have to buy from a Canadian Insurance company. However, it is recommended to buy from a Canadian insurance company for a smooth and guaranteed claim process. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Semeg

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
You need to buy health insurance with minimum coverage of C$100, 000 for a Super Visa from a Canadian Insurance company. You have to buy for a validity of 1 year and by default, it is 1 year by all insurance companies when you buy health insurance for Super Visa. It is better to pay the full amount because it would give assurance to the officer that you will not cancel your insurance after landing in Canada. Also, this insurance is refundable if applicants leave earlier than the insurance validity ends. The only condition is that there should not be any claims. The insurance company will provide you with a certificate of coverage which you need to upload at the time of application. Once you submit your application, you can call the insurance company or the agent and change the start date of the insurance to when they are actually planning to come. if you are applying for a normal visitor visa then you don't need to buy insurance for the whole year and you don't have to buy from a Canadian Insurance company. However, it is recommended to buy from a Canadian insurance company for a smooth and guaranteed claim process. Hope this helps.
Thank you for breaking it down. I read some where that the insurance company would refund you some payment if your parents leave before one year. Eg your parents stay 6 months and leave the insurance company will refund the unused 6 months is this true?

Also do you have any idea how much insurance cost for a year. Like a range eg 1000 to 2000 dollars

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Thank you for breaking it down. I read some where that the insurance company would refund you some payment if your parents leave before one year. Eg your parents stay 6 months and leave the insurance company will refund the unused 6 months is this true?

Also do you have any idea how much insurance cost for a year. Like a range eg 1000 to 2000 dollars

Yes, Insurance companies will refund the amount if they leave early without any claims. You can get free quotes online. It depends on the age of the applicants and country of origin. I bought from Secure Travel with a $250 deductible. Check their website for the quote.

karan_kerry

Aug 28, 2023
Hi
My mother has visitor visa and she appli d for super visa from India
She came to Canada on visitor visa and after a month she got super visa

We sent her passport to Ottawa for super visa stamping
Now she has super visa as well

I want to know, If she is on super visa or visitor visa

And if she has to convert her status to super visa, can she do flag polling?

Pls reply