+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa

Sagi123

Nov 7, 2021
Hi,
I am applying for my parents supervisa under new portal. They are planning to come for 4-5 months. Can I show 5 months stay or do I need to mention more than 06 months for Supervisa?

edwsqa

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all guys are doing fine.

I am a Canadian Citizen and planning to apply Super Visa for my parents. They have been to Canada on Visitor Visa before. I am confused about medical and insurance.

For medical should I ask them to get upfront medical done or will CIC ask them to do medical once they have submitted the file. Which one is better ?

For insurance how it will work ? If I get insurance now will the payment start from the date I get insurance or it will start from the day they will land in Canada ?

Also if anyone know if Canada will reopen Parents Grandparents sponsorship ? I have never applied before but this time for sure I will try my chance ?

Sep 6, 2021
Hey! I'm applying for a supervisa for my parents, my dad already has a visitor visa that is valid till 2029. Can I still apply for a Supervisa for him? Like to convert one into the other?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey! I'm applying for a supervisa for my parents, my dad already has a visitor visa that is valid till 2029. Can I still apply for a Supervisa for him? Like to convert one into the other?
You can hold both a supervisa and a normal visitor visa. They should apply for a supervisa and specify a stay over 6 months or you can be considered for a normal visitor visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all guys are doing fine.

I am a Canadian Citizen and planning to apply Super Visa for my parents. They have been to Canada on Visitor Visa before. I am confused about medical and insurance.

For medical should I ask them to get upfront medical done or will CIC ask them to do medical once they have submitted the file. Which one is better ?

For insurance how it will work ? If I get insurance now will the payment start from the date I get insurance or it will start from the day they will land in Canada ?

Also if anyone know if Canada will reopen Parents Grandparents sponsorship ? I have never applied before but this time for sure I will try my chance ?
When you purchase supervisa insurance it will only start when your parents arrive in Canada. You should also be able to get reimbursed for any time unused because they left Canada after 8 months for example. With parent sponsorship there are never any guarantees. With more examination of the healthcare system and capacity issues parent sponsorship and the amount of extra seniors Canada can actually absorb may be re-examined. In general it is best not to tell parents that they can move to Canada until they have actually be accepted. There is also huge demand for spots so even if the quota remains the same it can take many years to get a spot and then 1-2+ years for the application to get processed.

aks2010

Star Member
May 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014; Lawyer/consultant hired?: No.; PER Received.: 07-01-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015; Med's Results Rcvd: 26-05-2015;
Passport Req..
22-07-2015; Decision Made:25-07-2015; Passport Submitted: 27-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015; Passport Returned: 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015;ECAS Status:Complete 31-10-2015
When you purchase supervisa insurance it will only start when your parents arrive in Canada. You should also be able to get reimbursed for any time unused because they left Canada after 8 months for example. With parent sponsorship there are never any guarantees. With more examination of the healthcare system and capacity issues parent sponsorship and the amount of extra seniors Canada can actually absorb may be re-examined. In general it is best not to tell parents that they can move to Canada until they have actually be accepted. There is also huge demand for spots so even if the quota remains the same it can take many years to get a spot and then 1-2+ years for the application to get processed.
Could you please confirm whether the monthly premium payment option for Super Visa Insurance meets the requirements of the super visa application? I read somewhere on this forum that one has to purchase super visa insurance by paying 1-year premium upfront.

Kri123

Apr 5, 2022
Hi, I am applying for Super visa and they is mandatory field to upload flight tickets. Do we have to buy flight tickets as we do not know when we will get visa as everything is delayed due to Covid

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
URGENT!
I have one question regarding Supervisa

he is my cousin and his father is Truck driver in India but he cannot get paystub or employment letter. Also they don't have their farming land, his grandfather disowned them. They only did the property valuation for Residential house. I have income tax return for last year but I think I shouldn’t give that because I have no employment letter and paystubs t0 support that. And shall I add property valuation or just make a simple file with bank statements only, their son is showing 12000 CAD and they are showing around 10000 CAD

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
URGENT!
I have one question regarding Supervisa

he is my cousin and his father is Truck driver in India but he cannot get paystub or employment letter. Also they don't have their farming land, his grandfather disowned them. They only did the property valuation for Residential house. I have income tax return for last year but I think I shouldn’t give that because I have no employment letter and paystubs t0 support that. And shall I add property valuation or just make a simple file with bank statements only, their son is showing 12000 CAD and they are showing around 10000 CAD
If the son do not have document showing income over LICO to apply for parents' supervisa, they should not apply. So the son is PR/citizen? The son needs to have income proof not bank statements. And I do not know what is your place in this application. Only children can apply for parents' supservisa. Not a cousin.

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
If the son do not have document showing income over LICO to apply for parents' supervisa, they should not apply. So the son is PR/citizen? The son needs to have income proof not bank statements. And I do not know what is your place in this application. Only children can apply for parents' supservisa. Not a cousin.
I am helping him
Yes he is PR and his family income is over 100k.
I am concerning about the applicant's proof of funds, What should we consider... they dont have any land and they have only property valuation of house.. should I attach Property Valuation... and my uncle is truck driver... but no employment and paystubs,, should I attach that too or not?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am helping him
Yes he is PR and his family income is over 100k.
I am concerning about the applicant's proof of funds, What should we consider... they dont have any land and they have only property valuation of house.. should I attach Property Valuation... and my uncle is truck driver... but no employment and paystubs,, should I attach that too or not?
Follow the application of supervisa. I don't think parents income/property is as important. Your post didn't mention that the son has enough income to apply for parents' supervisa.

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
Follow the application of supervisa. I don't think parents income/property is as important. Your post didn't mention that the son has enough income to apply for parents' supervisa.
should I mention the job but wont be able to provide the job letter or paystubs (its for my uncle who is applicant)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Hi all,

Those who have applied and are getting positive progress on the supervisa application. I want to call my father for about 8-9 months and my mother for about 1 year on supervisa to stay with me in Canada.

both my parents are co-owners of our house back home.

my father has a job, mom does not. Father will take extended leave from his workplace.

i have bought a house here and I want them to come and celebrate the housewarming and stay for a while and travel around internally in Canada

I am not sure if this reason is enough for their visit?
And airlines don’t book flights a year in advance so I am unable to book return flight