+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

supervisa

kauraman1996

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi,

yes I did applied in May 2021 due to delay on my own COPR.
May I know from where did you get their insurance and how much it costs? and did you get results on your supervisa application? My parents doesn't have ties in India so now I am not sure which one is a better option to go visitor or supervise. Even though they actually don't have intention to stay here for more than 2 months.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
May I know from where did you get their insurance and how much it costs? and did you get results on your supervisa application? My parents doesn't have ties in India so now I am not sure which one is a better option to go visitor or supervise. Even though they actually don't have intention to stay here for more than 2 months.
Hi, The insurance cost me around $2200 for 2 years even though there is a requirement for 1 year but I bought it for 2 years ... i used a supervisa insurance business which you can google based in Toronto I am not sure whether I can mention them here. I haven't got the result for supervisa yet it is taking around 500 days from Pakistan and its been only 3 months so I don't see a response soon, my mother do have a normal visa so she is able to visit me and travel back in the meantime. If your parents don't want to stay more than 3 months no reason to hassle you for supervisa and additional costs .... but having said that a normal visa depends a lot on your parent ties with their home country and their financial stability whereas supervisa is your financial stability

kauraman1996

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi, The insurance cost me around $2200 for 2 years even though there is a requirement for 1 year but I bought it for 2 years ... i used a supervisa insurance business which you can google based in Toronto I am not sure whether I can mention them here. I haven't got the result for supervisa yet it is taking around 500 days from Pakistan and its been only 3 months so I don't see a response soon, my mother do have a normal visa so she is able to visit me and travel back in the meantime. If your parents don't want to stay more than 3 months no reason to hassle you for supervisa and additional costs .... but having said that a normal visa depends a lot on your parent ties with their home country and their financial stability whereas supervisa is your financial stability
thank you so much for the information. please update here when you get your approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One should still buy travel medical insurance even on a TRV. Many don't and end up with very large bills.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should get an answer much earlier than 500 days because your mother qualifies to travel. The 500 days are for those who can't travel at the moment.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
You should get an answer much earlier than 500 days because your mother qualifies to travel. The 500 days are for those who can't travel at the moment.
Every one who apply for supervisa qualifies to travel hence I don’t see this happening before 500 days having said that things are getting better covid wise so may be the process time will be reduced,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Every one who apply for supervisa qualifies to travel hence I don’t see this happening before 500 days having said that things are getting better covid wise so may be the process time will be reduced,
Processing times are usually based on the country not the specific visa. We have seen many other supervisas being processed much faster than 500 days and normally closer to a few months If not earlier unless there are delays due to biometric availability or further medical testing.

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hello everyone
Sorry for the silly question, just want to know that i want to apply super visa for my both parents . I am family of 3 do i need to show income for 3 persons family household or 3 +2 (parents) 54000$. Thanks

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks. Did you apply online or paper based? My mother is in Pakistan and her supervisa expired, however this 500 days timelines is very scary.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Processing times are usually based on the country not the specific visa. We have seen many other supervisas being processed much faster than 500 days and normally closer to a few months If not earlier unless there are delays due to biometric availability or further medical testing.
Interesting!

I am a June 2019 PGP sponsorship applicant, and have had no developments on my parents application. Unfortunately my father passed away as well during this time, and IRCC has updated the Principal Applicant to be my mother. But everything else is at stand-still.

I am debating to apply for supervisa for my mother now, however concerned about 500 days timeline. Should I wait for sponsorship application to progress or apply for supervisa?