+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

supervisa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Interesting!

I am a June 2019 PGP sponsorship applicant, and have had no developments on my parents application. Unfortunately my father passed away as well during this time, and IRCC has updated the Principal Applicant to be my mother. But everything else is at stand-still.

I am debating to apply for supervisa for my mother now, however concerned about 500 days timeline. Should I wait for sponsorship application to progress or apply for supervisa?
People who meet the travel exemptions are usually processed faster than the 500 days.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
If you are PR or citizen, then your parents don’t need written authorization to travel. Not an issue for your parents.
Thank you. However, that would be applied to anyone applying for Supervisa since they have to be PR/CC in order to get supervisa for their parents. Are you saying that Supervisa applications are still processed much faster oerall compared to the 500 days noted on the processing timelines?

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Hey everyone,
I am finalizing the application of super visa for my mother. For the NOA, do we only have to provide it for the last year (i.e 2020)?
Same query for the T4 as well. Is it only required for the last year?

Taj416

Jun 30, 2021
May I know from where did you get their insurance and how much it costs? and did you get results on your supervisa application? My parents doesn't have ties in India so now I am not sure which one is a better option to go visitor or supervise. Even though they actually don't have intention to stay here for more than 2 months.
Hey there, i can help you with your supervisa quote if you need, contact me. Thanks.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Hi @Cannuck1997 and other experienced members I have a question for you. I am a PR and my wife and 2 kids all PRs. She is pregnant. We intend to bring over my mum to Canada to support us throughout the pregnancy. My mum depends on us 100% for financial support since dad passed away in 2013. Only ties she has back home is my other siblings and our family house. We want her here, and if possible, for a long period. We were looking to apply for the parental Sponsorship announced today but seems only those who submitted interests in 2020 will be considered. We are therefore planning to get her a Visitor visa in the meantime. Do you suggest we go in for a regular Visitor Visa or the Super Visa and why? Thank y'all for reading and helping us through this.

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
Hi, I have a question related to application of supervisa for my father who is already a holder of regular visa (TRV/Tourist visa canada, valid until 2026).
CIC states that supervisa needs to be applied from outside canada. My father is presently in India and I will soon apply for his supervisa.
My question is: In case the supervisa processing takes time, like more than 3-4 months, can my father travel to canada on his regular trv visa?
If yes, then lets say if he gets his supervisa approved, can he get his supervisa stamp here or he will have to go out and come back?
Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Cannuck1997 and other experienced members I have a question for you. I am a PR and my wife and 2 kids all PRs. She is pregnant. We intend to bring over my mum to Canada to support us throughout the pregnancy. My mum depends on us 100% for financial support since dad passed away in 2013. Only ties she has back home is my other siblings and our family house. We want her here, and if possible, for a long period. We were looking to apply for the parental Sponsorship announced today but seems only those who submitted interests in 2020 will be considered. We are therefore planning to get her a Visitor visa in the meantime. Do you suggest we go in for a regular Visitor Visa or the Super Visa and why? Thank y'all for reading and helping us through this.
If she relies on your for financial support, then supervisa. You need to meet LICO for 5 people with NOAs, and 6 if your wife has the baby soon.

Reactions: Stylove

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
@Naturgrl I have a related question: If my father relies on my financial support and is applying for a super visa, then a) do we need to mentioned about his business? b) In a form where it asks "Funds available for my stay in Canada", what do we write.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have a question related to application of supervisa for my father who is already a holder of regular visa (TRV/Tourist visa canada, valid until 2026).
CIC states that supervisa needs to be applied from outside canada. My father is presently in India and I will soon apply for his supervisa.
My question is: In case the supervisa processing takes time, like more than 3-4 months, can my father travel to canada on his regular trv visa?
If yes, then lets say if he gets his supervisa approved, can he get his supervisa stamp here or he will have to go out and come back?
Thanks in advance!
He needs to exit Canada and reenter to activate a supervisa. He can travel on his TRV while waiting for the results of his supervisa application.

Reactions: anishgoel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Supervisa. If not vaccinated she must quarantine away from your family in either in a basement suite if you have one or an Airbnb. She remains a visitor even if on a supervisa and parent sponsorship is not guaranteed so you’ll need to make sure she has a plan B.

Reactions: Stylove

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Naturgrl I have a related question: If my father relies on my financial support and is applying for a super visa, then a) do we need to mentioned about his business? b) In a form where it asks "Funds available for my stay in Canada", what do we write.
Yes he should mention his business and any funds he has.

Naitik91

Mar 5, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am a PR in Canada and I have provided all the necessary documents online.

I applied for Super-visa for my Mom, the details are as follows:
Country of Applicant : India
Application Submission : Mar 2021
Biometrics : July 2021
Upfront Medical : Jan 2021

What to expect after this? Has anyone received approval for super visa? Could you please share your timeline here as well.