Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
While trying to apply for a supervisa for my mum, I see 3 options after answering the questionnaire - a) family sponsorship, b) Visit - more than 6 months, and c) PGP Supervisa.

Now, I understand the difference between (a) and (b), as well as (a) and (c). I also understand the difference between a regular 6-mo visitor visa and a supervisa that allows for an initial entry of 2 years. But what's the difference between (b) and (c)? Is a visitor visa (longer than 6 months) alo a multi-entry visa with each entry longer than 6months?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A) PGP sponsorship is not open for application yet
B) Holders of regular visit visa can generally stay in Canada up to 6 months each entry to Canada. Border officer might stamped a certain date and the holder might be allowed to stay less than 6 months.
C) Supervisa holders can generally stay in Canada up to 2 years each time. Same as the above, the border officer might allow the holder to stay less than 2 years. Some people were given to stay 1 year.

Both B & C can be single entry or multiple entry visas. Both visas can be valid for 10 years or before passport expiry date.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add that with (b) that once someone is in Canada you can use the extend stay as a visitor process . You apply in the 30 day window before an authorised stay expires and whilst waiting for a decision the applicant is on implied status. Can sometimes take 3-4 months in normal times to get a decision for an extension.

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Just to add that with (b) that once someone is in Canada you can use the extend stay as a visitor process . You apply in the 30 day window before an authorised stay expires and whilst waiting for a decision the applicant is on implied status. Can sometimes take 3-4 months in normal times to get a decision for an extension.
The same applies to C as well. As supervisa can also be extended?