+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa-submitting online: passport?

dancer

Nov 23, 2013
If I do the online application with scans of all documents, how/when/where do I send the passport? This one last detail is holding me up from going through with the application for my mother's supervisa. I find the info on the CIC website so jumbled....
Please, and thank you for any help.

Keephope

Dec 2, 2013
you don't send your passport anywhere at this point. Cic will ask you to send when they have gone through your paperwork.

dancer

Nov 23, 2013
Thank you so much. Does it actually say that anywhere on the CIC website? I've been going crazy trying to determine how it all happens...timing.....

akumar1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
For snaps you need to scan them as per the instructions.
Passport is requested only at a later stage when the VO has reached at a decision.
Also, makes sure you submit all the documents and if required scan more than 1 age into one file and upload. Since there is no way you can upload multiple pages for one type of documents during application.

Last thing, for super visa: medical insurance is a must to have while you submit the application.
Recommendation: Get medical test done in advance.

All the best!!

Keephope

Dec 2, 2013
dancer said:
And is that the same for the passport photos they require?
you can give the digital photo dimensions to your photgrapher and ask him to email the photo to you so you can upload it. Dimensions are mentioned when you apply online. Click on the help button beside the photograph option.

Timing depends on your luck. It says upto 8 weeks for super visa, but for visitors it says 22 days.

I my case, I applied for my in-laws online with all their info on 29th Nov. On 30 Nov. Saturday they updated file with my father's medical status as passed and mother's under review. No update since then. So I have emailed them today to seek an update. I just said it has passed 22 days processing time as mentioned on cic website for Chandigarh. Let's see what happens.