+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa - Request for Passport from a different country

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Dear friends,

I am in a dilemma and I greatly appreciate any feedback.

My parents already have the regular visitor visa on their passports and they had gone back to Nepal to apply for a supervisa. After we applied for supervisa from Nepal, they came back to Canada ( Vancouver ) so as not to miss my daughter's 2nd birthday, right after they applied for supervisa. It did mean a lot for us when they came to look after our grand daughter. Now, CIC has asked for their passports but accordingly, it has to be sent to VFS office in Nepal based on answers to questions on application.

My question is:

Since my parents are already in Vancouver, can we send to the consulate in Ottawa instead? Or should we send it to consulate in New Delhi? Should I consult with CIC first? We wouldn't want our parents to go back to Nepal just to submit passports through VFS in Nepal ( who will then send passports to New Delhi) and then come back here in Vancouver. I was thinking perhaps we can send mail with postage paid so we can track the passports.

Just need your expert opinion on this matter and how I would go about tackling this matter.

Thanks again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You must send emails to both NDVO and CPC-Ottawa to ask if you can submit their passports to CPC-Ottawa

Cheers

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Just to confirm, I have emails for CPC Ottawa as : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and for NDVO as delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.

Would these email addresses be accurate?

Thanks again! :)

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Hi there ??
can you help me please i already applied for my parents for supervisa in December 2016 but its refused in a week because my low income but now iits already more than 50k so i applied only for my father from dubai on January 7 2017 but i didn't get any updates from visa office even its showing open only in my cic account....so please can you advise me what should i fo for next

Thank you in advance for your kind help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Have you applied for a super visa or a TRV this time for your dad? Has the processing time crossed the estimated time posted on the IRCC website?

Cheers

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
hi again

yes now again i applied for super visa for him online but he is in dubai rite now just wondering what will be result its almost 20days

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Hi friends,

I did email DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and it says the mailbox is full and they are not accepting any more messages! I tried another email address at delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and again it says the mailbox is full!

Is there another way someone can suggest? I have emailed consulate at Ottawa and that email went through. Perhaps I should call CIC? Just concerned as it is time sensitive and wouldn't want my parents to go back to Nepal just to hand in passports.

Many thanks !!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Contact VFS/VAC New Delhi and ask if there is another email address for TRV enquiries.

The email address I posted is the official CIC one. You may also want to try resending your email after a couple of days.... January 26 is Republic Day (holiday) and maybe that's why the mailbox is full

Bazinga

Aug 20, 2013
I may encounter a similar situation. My grandparents live in Pakistan but will be visiting the U.S. What if they start the SV process in Pakistan but end up being in the U.S. ? Will they be able to send in their passports from the U.S?
Though I imagine if they were to apply from Step 1 while in the U.S they would not encounter such a logistical issue.

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bazinga said:
I may encounter a similar situation. My grandparents live in Pakistan but will be visiting the U.S. What if they start the SV process in Pakistan but end up being in the U.S. ? Will they be able to send in their passports from the U.S?
Though I imagine if they were to apply from Step 1 while in the U.S they would not encounter such a logistical issue.

Regards
Normally, it is best if one applies from his/her home country as it is considered as having stronger ties.... instead of applying when one is a visitor in a third country.

I suggest your grandparents should apply when they are in Pakistan. They can do their medicals upfront or wait until they get the requests for their medicals. They should do their medicals when they are in Pakistan before they leave for the US.

If they get passport requests when they are in the US then you can contact the visa office to request for visa stamping by NY/LA

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hello Bryanna,

I would like to inquire about the super visa. I have applied for spousal sponsorship (in-land) and still in progress. I have a study permit. My wife is a Canadian citizen and my children too are all Canadian citizens. Is it possible my wife can sponsor my mother (her mother-in-law) under the super -visa category?
Thank you in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lashen said:
Hello Bryanna,

I would like to inquire about the super visa. I have applied for spousal sponsorship (in-land) and still in progress. I have a study permit. My wife is a Canadian citizen and my children too are all Canadian citizens. Is it possible my wife can sponsor my mother (her mother-in-law) under the super -visa category?
Thank you in advance
No, your wife cannot sponsor your mom for a super visa. Well, not as yet because you are not a PR.

When you become a PR then your wife can be a co-signer (or she can be included to meet LICO)

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Bryanna said:
No, your wife cannot sponsor your mom for a super visa. Well, not as yet because you are not a PR.

When you become a PR then your wife can be a co-signer (or she can be included to meet LICO)
Thank you.

Bazinga

Aug 20, 2013
Bryanna said:
Normally, it is best if one applies from his/her home country as it is considered as having stronger ties.... instead of applying when one is a visitor in a third country.

I suggest your grandparents should apply when they are in Pakistan. They can do their medicals upfront or wait until they get the requests for their medicals. They should do their medicals when they are in Pakistan before they leave for the US.

If they get passport requests when they are in the US then you can contact the visa office to request for visa stamping by NY/LA
Thanks Bryanna - that is our current plan of action. We tried to get their upfront medicals but were advised that upfronts are no longer an option and that we must wait for a request for medical.