+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa question - Invitation letter

peach-8817

Jun 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for a Super Visa for my mother. Me and my husband's combined income meets and exceeds the LICO minimum and she has sufficient documents to prove she has assets/income/properties back home. My question is for the invitation letter I will be writing:

1. I am currently pregnant and want my mother to visit for the birth of my baby. I was going to mention the pregnancy as reason for her visit. I will be careful not to say "to take care of" but rather visit and meet my baby/witness the birth. Why is it that people always recommend not to mention this? Why can't my mother visit me when im giving birth? Has anyone successfully done this and gotten a visa for their parents? Please advise.

2. We are not yet sure how long she is going to stay when she does come. Should i mention the length of stay as longer than 6 months? I heard if I mention too short of a stay, (shorter than 6 months) they might give a regular visitor's visa rather than a Super Visa.

Please advise.

Thank you!!!!!

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Your luck may vary, but for myself, I only wrote one letter for the immigration officer explaining my parent's background, employment, assets and intention to visit Canada from our perspective.

For the intentions, I simply wrote to visit family and get to know Canada's culture. While we are expecting a baby, I did not mention that. For your second question, I wrote to them explaining we will be supporting their stay for the duration of one year. Both parents received PG-1 Super Visa's for 9 years and some odd months (year old passports).

peach-8817

Jun 10, 2019
Your luck may vary, but for myself, I only wrote one letter for the immigration officer explaining my parent's background, employment, assets and intention to visit Canada from our perspective.

For the intentions, I simply wrote to visit family and get to know Canada's culture. While we are expecting a baby, I did not mention that. For your second question, I wrote to them explaining we will be supporting their stay for the duration of one year. Both parents received PG-1 Super Visa's for 9 years and some odd months (year old passports).
Thank you so much for your answer... Also, on the document checklist, there is a field called "Purpose of Travel- Other".. May I ask what kind of documentation you provided for this? Can I upload the invitation letter again for this?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Thank you so much for your answer... Also, on the document checklist, there is a field called "Purpose of Travel- Other".. May I ask what kind of documentation you provided for this? Can I upload the invitation letter again for this?
For the Purpose of Travel, I uploaded the 1-year medical insurance of $100K for both parents and screen shots of their flight tickets.

I can't remember where I uploaded the Letter of Invitation. Just go through each submission category and click on the button beside it for help. It's pretty self explanatory and submit as you go.