+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa - Pre-existing medical conditions

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I am applying for super visa of my parents. My dad has a pre-existing condition (Diabetes). However, if I don't mention it to my insurance provider, how are they going to verify this condition?

Why do I need to disclose? You end up paying more if you disclose. Whats the use?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If something happens while he is in Canada and he gets hospitalized, and then you claim for reimbursement, it may not get approved because you did not tell them of his pre-existing condition.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If something happens while he is in Canada and he gets hospitalized, and then you claim for reimbursement, it may not get approved because you did not tell them of his pre-existing condition.
Agreed with the above. Not declaring he has diabetes is a very risky move and a bad idea. If he has any sort of issues that ends up in an insurance claim, you can expect the insurer to deny the reimbursement because you failed to declare a pre-existing condition. In other words, lying in the application will likely invalidate your entire policy. You should be 100% truthful. The last thing you want to do is lie, have him come to Canada and end up needing hospitalization and then end up with a hospital bill for tens of thousands of dollars (or more) that you have to pay because your insurer refuses to.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What if a person is not aware of the condition? Then what?
There is no chance your father would be able to claim he doesn't know he has diabetes.

If you can't afford to pay the insurance, perhaps you should rethink the trip. Canadian taxpayers don't want to pay your father's medical bills if something happens.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What if a person is not aware of the condition? Then what?
Well obviously you are aware, so that question is irrelevant. Agree with Canuk_in_UK. If you can’t meet the requirements (insurance), you should probably reassess your plans.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am applying for super visa of my parents. My dad has a pre-existing condition (Diabetes). However, if I don't mention it to my insurance provider, how are they going to verify this condition?

Why do I need to disclose? You end up paying more if you disclose. Whats the use?
Failure to disclose diabetes as a pre-existing condition could render your dad's insurance contract voidable by the insurer. So, your dad won't have super visa insurance if he makes an insurance claim.

Controlled diabetes is not just about monitoring blood sugar levels. Sometimes sugar levels can go out of whack for otherwise innocuous reasons and could result in a huge hospitalization bill.

Regardless of a super visa or a TRV application, it would be financially wise to ensure that your dad has insurance coverage for diabetes