+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa - Online vs Paper Application

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hi All,

Does anyone have a strong preference for either way of applying for supervisa for parents?

Or it doesnt matter?

I am looking to apply for my mother's supervisa but not sure if I go the paper route or online. IRCC notes that online is faster but just wanted to get thoughts of people here.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Does anyone have a strong preference for either way of applying for supervisa for parents?

Or it doesnt matter?

I am looking to apply for my mother's supervisa but not sure if I go the paper route or online. IRCC notes that online is faster but just wanted to get thoughts of people here.

Thanks.
Given covid definitely online.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Given covid definitely online.

Thank you. Thats what I am leaning towards as well.

Another question - will the medical done under supervisa be admissible in the sponsorship application as well? I have also applied for my mother's sponsorship but unfortunately that application is taking too long and hence I am applying for supervisa.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi. I am also starting a Super Visa application for my mother. I checked the processing timeline for Super Visa provided on the CIC's website and it says 412 days for applications from India! Is there any excel tracker, which can provide insights into the current timelines of applications as experienced by people?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. Thats what I am leaning towards as well.

Another question - will the medical done under supervisa be admissible in the sponsorship application as well? I have also applied for my mother's sponsorship but unfortunately that application is taking too long and hence I am applying for supervisa.
Medicals are good for 1 year. Depending on how long it takes for PGP to be processed it may be able to be used .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I am also starting a Super Visa application for my mother. I checked the processing timeline for Super Visa provided on the CIC's website and it says 412 days for applications from India! Is there any excel tracker, which can provide insights into the current timelines of applications as experienced by people?
I have seen others be processed faster. Think the processing times are longer because those who don't have biometrics are essentially on hold. Biometrics for parents applying for a supervisa have not been available for over a year in India so unless people have already done biometrics or are able to travel to another country to do their biometrics their application is essentially on hold.

Reactions: G Deep

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I have seen others be processed faster. Think the processing times are longer because those who don't have biometrics are essentially on hold. Biometrics for parents applying for a supervisa have not been available for over a year in India so unless people have already done biometrics or are able to travel to another country to do their biometrics their application is essentially on hold.
Thank you for the response. I agree, biometrics might be a reason for this delay.

Can you provide any template for the Letter of Invitation we need for the Super Visa?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks. My mother's biometrics are valid until 2026. Does that mean I dont need to pay for them when applying, or should I still pay for them? I assume IRCC will have it on their records that even if I have paid, they wont need my mother to do biometrics again.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Another query- My mother's passport expires in November 2023. Should I apply for Super Visa using this passport or renew it first before applying for the visa?

Thanks for the guidance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. My mother's biometrics are valid until 2026. Does that mean I dont need to pay for them when applying, or should I still pay for them? I assume IRCC will have it on their records that even if I have paid, they wont need my mother to do biometrics again.
I tend to think you should pay and then get a refund so there isn't an automatic flag that you haven't paid for biometrics. The system is not great so doesn't always pick up if medicals or biometrics have already been done.

Reactions: Red and Black