Supervisa Insurance Recommendation

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All... I am going to sponser my parents on supervisa.. can some one guide me regarding insurance as different policies has different benifits.. some has per claim deductible and some has per policy i m quite confused while buying.. Please share your experiences and views and help me in buying insurance. Thanks

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
It is entirely up to you to decide which Canadian insurance company to go with. As you've mentioned, some policies have per claim deductible and some per policy. Those insurance plans per claim are generally cheaper than those per policy.

Although the deductible options and application method varies, I'd say that the main thing is the price to quality ratio.

Try to use Super Visa insurance calculator to see what are the options on the private Canadian insurance market are available for your parents.

Usually the deductible ranges from 0 to 10,000 CAD and the higher the deductible the lower the price of the actual policy. But I do not think it is smart to go too high on deductible, because if there is an emergency you are most likely will end up paying the bills yourself.

The price also depends on your parents age and whether or not they have any chronic or past sicknesses that are considered "serious" by private insurance providers in Canada.

Hope it will help! ;D

Last edited:

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to clarify from dealing with my clients and the reality of the marketplace.

First the majority of policies offered by insurance companies are per claim not per policy.

Secondly when choosing a deductible the lower the deductible the more favorably it is viewed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. If the deductible is too high over $1000.00 I have seen many applications get denied. So it is not a question of premium but how it is viewed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

On a final note in reference to monthly plans I have not found any documentation on the Citizenship and Immigration website that allows for policies used for super visa for less than one year, I would assume this also implies the premium has to be paid up front for one year. In a monthly plan the person is only paying for a few month of insurance and if the ongoing monthly payments stop after the visitor has arrived in Canada this could potentially revoke the super visa followed by a deportation order from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I have seen other posts on this issue on this site and from my understanding Citizenship and Immigration Canada is aware of the companies offering monthly plans and I would assume has taken appropriate action.

Keep in mind there is nothing wrong with monthly plans as long as they are not used for a visa with mandatory insurance requirement exceeding the coverage paid for.