Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS (4th Line): 05 May 2015 Visa On Hand: 22 May 2015
LANDED..........
18 Sept 2015
I applied online, not sure on the login, I created an account with my mom's email address that I can access, I was also her representative, I think what matters are the forms and the supporting documents you submit online.
Proof of purpose of travel, is that the itenerary?
I created a word doc:
xx - date of arrival
xx to xx - will be staying in our place - address
xx - date of departure
I didn't buy a plane ticket yet.
Thanks. Did you sign any of the forms e.g. Use of Rep (imm5476)?

ajoyann

Mar 22, 2018
I applied online, not sure on the login, I created an account with my mom's email address that I can access, I was also her representative, I think what matters are the forms and the supporting documents you submit online.
Proof of purpose of travel, is that the itenerary?
I created a word doc:
xx - date of arrival
xx to xx - will be staying in our place - address
xx - date of departure
I didn't buy a plane ticket yet.
Hi, I will ask you the same question about what you put under tab: Purpose of travel- examples mentioned scanned ticket, itinerary? So you mentioned that you just created a word document, and not purchase the ticket yet , so did they accepted that? Thanks

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hello,

What is the upfront medical and how do we get that done. Also for the travel insurance, who did you use for that.

Also, in another thread, someone told me that she will only be able to stay for 1 two year period, but the way that I read the cic website is that it will be a multiple entry visa and she will be able to come and go as many times as she wants, but can only stay for a total of 2 years in the 10 year period, am I correct?

EDIT
I just saw this site

https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/

they have a monthly plan and will refund when they go back to philippines, is that a trust-worthy site to deal with?

Last edited:

adelosreyes

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11 Jul 2014
Doc's Request.
12 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
5 Nov 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2015
Med's Done....
23 Mar 2015 / ECAS (3rd Line): 27 Mar 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18 Sept 2015
Hello,

What is the upfront medical and how do we get that done. Also for the travel insurance, who did you use for that.

Also, in another thread, someone told me that she will only be able to stay for 1 two year period, but the way that I read the cic website is that it will be a multiple entry visa and she will be able to come and go as many times as she wants, but can only stay for a total of 2 years in the 10 year period, am I correct?

EDIT
I just saw this site

https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/

they have a monthly plan and will refund when they go back to philippines, is that a trust-worthy site to deal with?

Hi,

My Mother-in-law (MIL) went to this clinic in Manila:

City: Metro Manila (Makati City)
Name: IOM Manila Health Center
Address: IOM Manila Health Center,
15th Floor, Units A&B Trafalgar Plaza,
105 H.V. Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, 1227,
E-mail address: mhc.can@iom.int (This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program. Ce professionnel désigné ou cette clinique offrent des services payés par le Programme fédéral de santé intérimaire.)
Telephone: +(63 2) 883-9333/ +(63 2) 511-8770
/0917 593 4688 Globe mobile
Spoken Languages: English, Tagalog

Also, here's the list of panel physicians that you can go, choose Philippines:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx?_ga=2.136407475.2085137599.1523388404-1135166595.1523388404

I sent an email first to the clinic and asked my sister inlaw to confirm requirements for upfront medical. Best to give the clinic headsup that you don't have any immigration forms to provide since this is upront medical exam. After the exams, the clinic will provide you the 'e-medical form'; this form is what you will submit with your parent(s) application.

I got a medical insurance from our insurance advisor. She got us 21st Century (part of Manulife) as this is the only insurance company that accepts monthly payments. Other insurance companies require one-time or lump sum payment. Feel free to send an email to our insurance advisor - Gloria Smith (Gloria.Smith@sunlife.com) and just tell her I (Anna) recommended her.

"Also, in another thread, someone told me that she will only be able to stay for 1 two year period, but the way that I read the cic website is that it will be a multiple entry visa and she will be able to come and go as many times as she wants, but can only stay for a total of 2 years in the 10 year period, am I correct?"

Yes, this is correct based on the IRCC website. But the validity will depend on the passport's expiration date so if the passport will expire in 5 years then the VISA will only be valid for 5 years.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ajoyann

Mar 22, 2018
Hi anyone did upfront medical for their parents for supervisa/regular visa? My parents had upfront medical and submitted paper applications with the proof of medical (emedical information sheet given by the doctor) but after 3 days we received an email for medical request. Anyone experience this? Thanks

tehtaimuriirl

Sep 24, 2014
Hi anyone did upfront medical for their parents for supervisa/regular visa? My parents had upfront medical and submitted paper applications with the proof of medical (emedical information sheet given by the doctor) but after 3 days we received an email for medical request. Anyone experience this? Thanks
i experienced same thing just send the letter of IOM to embassy all will be good

ajoyann

Mar 22, 2018
i experienced same thing just send the letter of IOM to embassy all will be good
Hi,

So I sent enquiry (CSE) 2days ago and uploaded the proof of medical with their passport copy, I keep checking for any updates, but so far they didn’t update yet. I can also access online through my parents cic account because I’m their representative. How long before they update the account? Thanks

naleen03

Jun 18, 2012
applied for super visa for my father because his first super visa expired already

Here is the timeline:

June 14, 2018 - submitted application at VFS in Makati
June 21, 2018 - medical request email received
June 27, 2018 - medical done
July 16, 2018 - picked up processed visa application at VFS - super visa APPROVED!

☺

Reactions: j0an
Aug 31, 2018
Hi. We applied the mom of my fiancee a supervisa.

Here’s the situation of my fiancee. He lost his status for a year and applied under H&C program. He was approved and was given an open work permit December 2017. He got his PR June2018. So when he filed for his tax, his 2017 tax is only $2000.

I understand that he needs to meet the LICO to be able to sponsor his mom under supervisa. But the agency back home says otherwise. The agency said as long as his salary now meets the LICO then that is fine.

Of course we took the risk because the mom is persistent in going here. We provided the pay slip, letter from the company where he works, NOA 2017 that says $2000 only and a bank statement of only $1300.

The mom from the Philippines has no money in the bank, not sure though if the agency will do something about this, no property under her name or whatsoever. The only strong ties she has in the Philippines is her family. Husband who is already paralyzed, two sons and a grand daughter.

In the invitation, we said that she will go back after 2 years because she needs to take care of the paralyzed husband and her 18 year old son who is still studying. We said in the invitation that my fiancee wants her here so that they can spend time together and also because her sis, who is a Canadian citizen, is already partially blind and wants to spend time with the mom as well.

My fiancee did not declare me as his common law partner and did not declare our daughter since this will be a problem with the lico.

In addition, the mom already went here under super visa and stayed for 1 year and 3 months.

We are hoping for the best.

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
Gandang Araw po.

Me and my wife are planning to apply my dad ng supervisa. Here’s our situation po, My dad doesn’t have any employment history as he works as a jeepney driver ever since. His currently staying with my sister but we have a house back home but not under his name and pinapaupahan na lng po namen yun at yung ang nagiging part ng source of income nyan besides sa pensions nya. Ngaun po eh nasa Norway sha to visit his sister for a few months and will go sa Italy to visit my oldest sister for couple of months naman po and go back sa Norway dahil dun po sha dapat manggaling pauwe ng Pinas. We know that we have to be truthful and declare everything in the application which we intended to do because he had been denied a visa before probably like 20 something years ago when he wanted to visit Norway the first time. Having said that, is it enough bond to show the immigration that my dad have a renting place (but not under his name), a pension, still have sister and brother to go back to and went to Norway and Italy returned to Pinas? Maraming Salamat po sa sasagot. Mabuhay!

adelosreyes

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11 Jul 2014
Doc's Request.
12 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
5 Nov 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2015
Med's Done....
23 Mar 2015 / ECAS (3rd Line): 27 Mar 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18 Sept 2015
Gandang Araw po.

Me and my wife are planning to apply my dad ng supervisa. Here’s our situation po, My dad doesn’t have any employment history as he works as a jeepney driver ever since. His currently staying with my sister but we have a house back home but not under his name and pinapaupahan na lng po namen yun at yung ang nagiging part ng source of income nyan besides sa pensions nya. Ngaun po eh nasa Norway sha to visit his sister for a few months and will go sa Italy to visit my oldest sister for couple of months naman po and go back sa Norway dahil dun po sha dapat manggaling pauwe ng Pinas. We know that we have to be truthful and declare everything in the application which we intended to do because he had been denied a visa before probably like 20 something years ago when he wanted to visit Norway the first time. Having said that, is it enough bond to show the immigration that my dad have a renting place (but not under his name), a pension, still have sister and brother to go back to and went to Norway and Italy returned to Pinas? Maraming Salamat po sa sasagot. Mabuhay!

Hi! Yes, you need to be truthful about his application/information and status. Since supervisa siya di masyado mahigpit sa $ but there should still be some close tie proofs to the Philippines/Norway so Canada would be satisfied that your father will come back home after 2 years. Send something like a letter from his community/Church, lease contract from landlord etc., utility bills from your brother/sister or even airfare tickets going back to Norway/Philippines kung mMake sure po na may proper backup document to prove.

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
Hi! Yes, you need to be truthful about his application/information and status. Since supervisa siya di masyado mahigpit sa $ but there should still be some close tie proofs to the Philippines/Norway so Canada would be satisfied that your father will come back home after 2 years. Send something like a letter from his community/Church, lease contract from landlord etc., utility bills from your brother/sister or even airfare tickets going back to Norway/Philippines kung mMake sure po na may proper backup document to prove.
maraming salamat po sa quick response.

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
maraming salamat po sa quick response.
In addition, I will be going to submit a letter of invitation na galing ke Kevin Lamoureux na MP here sa Winnipeg. Anyone here from Winnipeg that use an invitation from Kevin? Did you send a hard copy na notarized or you can just and upload it onlibe? Thank you