+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
HI Guys!

Thank God that our application for SuperVisa for my FIL finally got approved after more than 2 months of processing. We were actually nervous during this time as we don't know if we're gonna get approved as this was taking a lot more time than normal.

Now, we're so excited coz my father will be coming over next week

here's the timeline for my father's supervisa application:
docs sent : April 03, 2012
meds request : April 24, 2012
med forwarded: May 10, 2012
Visa received: June 16, 2012

So, if you see the timeline it really took us more than 2 months after submission of documents. We even thought they needed more documents from us but, thank God the process is over. He has 5 years Visa validity and will come before June 30th.

Now, I'm just wonderin' if I should purchase a round trip ticket for him or we can just get one way? Though on our letter of invitation, we informed them that my father could leave on December of 2012. But now, we would really want him to stay the maximum of 2 years. We live in Montreal and his possible POE could be in Toronto.

For those who applied, got approved and have their parents now, did you purchase round trip tickets for them? Also, how would you know if the visit is allowed for 2years or only 6 months? Will they stamp something on the passport?

Thanks!

xelsabado

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 2nd week
Med's Request
April 1st week, but dated March 31 2012
Med's Done....
April 13, 2012..submitted May 29, 2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2012--Re-Issued Visa April 20, 2013
LANDED..........
July 9, 2013 -- Thank You My Lord!!
>>cutyshrek

How much is the total amount you spent for the supervisa? Tnx

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
xelsabado said:
>>cutyshrek

How much is the total amount you spent for the supervisa? Tnx

Well, the total amount amount could be probably more than $350 for the Super Visa. This included the fee, the medicals and other expenses. OF course, plane ticket is still not included here.

xelsabado

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 2nd week
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cutyshrek said:
Well, the total amount amount could be probably more than $350 for the Super Visa. This included the fee, the medicals and other expenses. OF course, plane ticket is still not included here.

Thanks for sharing.. I just have a last question, did you ask your mom to go to any agency ask for their assistance? If yes how much did your mom payed for it? Thank you in advance. My mom wants to visit me after a month of landing in Canada. Is there any chances of getting a visit visa if Im just having a work permit visa?.. Im so confused..

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
xelsabado said:
Thanks for sharing.. I just have a last question, did you ask your mom to go to any agency ask for their assistance? If yes how much did your mom payed for it? Thank you in advance. My mom wants to visit me after a month of landing in Canada. Is there any chances of getting a visit visa if Im just having a work permit visa?.. Im so confused..

My Father in-law did not ask for assistance from any Agency. We did it just on our own. We made sure we read the fine print carefully and submitted to them their requested docs. BUt, unfortunately, you CAN NOT sponsor your mother for a super Visa if you only have Work Permit.This is only applicable for permanent residents and citizens of Canada. Too bad. I'm sorry for now. Wait till you become Resident before sponsoring them. Anyways, you will need much money to show to the gov't that you can sponsor your mother. check the website for the amount.

naleen03

Jun 18, 2012
nanaykopo said:
There are two types of Temporary Resident Visa: a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa. Temporary Resident Visas are valid for a fixed period, whether they are a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa. You cannot use a visa after its expiry date.

Multiple-entry visa

A multiple-entry visa allows you to enter Canada several times during the period while your visa is valid. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 10 years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport/re-entry visa, whichever is earlier.

If a multiple-entry visa is approved, it will allow you to enter and leave Canada repeatedly during the validity period of the visa. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa. You cannot get a multiple-entry visa for a period that ends after the expiry date of your passport. If your passport will expire soon, you should renew it before you apply for your visa.
If you want to visit several other countries or return to your own country before coming back to Canada, you will need a multiple-entry visa. If you plan to visit Canada frequently, a multiple-entry visa is recommended.

Single-entry visa

A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada once.

When you arrive at the point of entry in Canada, an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency will make sure you meet the requirements to enter Canada.

The officer will authorize your stay by placing a stamp in your passport and/or issuing an additional document.

If there is no stamp, a handwritten date or document in your passport, your temporary resident status will expire six months from the day you arrived in Canada.

If you were given a visitor record, student or work permit, the expiry date is marked on the document.

If you leave Canada during your authorized stay, you must get a new visitor visa to re-enter Canada.

There are two exceptions: you can visit the United States or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and return to Canada without getting a new visa, as long as you:

return within the initial period authorized by the immigration officer or
have a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit, or a temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry) and return within the initial period authorized by the officer.
Thanks for the info.. So I guess we have to choose the multiple entry.. Thanks!

xelsabado

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 2nd week
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So i have to tell my mom to come in canada with a normal tourist visa? I know She can sponsor her self with a p.o.f. And lastly, what do you think is the best reason to come and visit canada on her own? To travel or visit me? (fyi: she has a lot of visa stamps on her passport because she love to travel in every continent).
I need your opinion. Thanks.

naleen03

Jun 18, 2012
Hi everyone just want to share my time line for my father.

July 16 - Documents sent

Hoping for good news. :)
God bless and have a good one..

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
cutyshrek said:
HI Guys!

Thank God that our application for SuperVisa for my FIL finally got approved after more than 2 months of processing. We were actually nervous during this time as we don't know if we're gonna get approved as this was taking a lot more time than normal.

Now, we're so excited coz my father will be coming over next week

here's the timeline for my father's supervisa application:
docs sent : April 03, 2012
meds request : April 24, 2012
med forwarded: May 10, 2012
Visa received: June 16, 2012

So, if you see the timeline it really took us more than 2 months after submission of documents. We even thought they needed more documents from us but, thank God the process is over. He has 5 years Visa validity and will come before June 30th.

Now, I'm just wonderin' if I should purchase a round trip ticket for him or we can just get one way? Though on our letter of invitation, we informed them that my father could leave on December of 2012. But now, we would really want him to stay the maximum of 2 years. We live in Montreal and his possible POE could be in Toronto.

For those who applied, got approved and have their parents now, did you purchase round trip tickets for them? Also, how would you know if the visit is allowed for 2years or only 6 months? Will they stamp something on the passport?

Thanks!
Hi cutyshrek, congrats! My advice is get a one-way ticket as the two-way isn't really necessary! My parents arrived here in April this year with Super Visa and two-way tickets. What happened now is that we only got less than 50% refund from PAL which totally sucks, but this what life is all about to those who are impulsive:):):) turned out to be a sucker!LOL.

jpdx

Jul 22, 2012
I registered so I can share my timeline.

Application sent: June 29, 2012
Medical exam requested: July 20, 2012 (exactly 15 business days since application sent)
Medical exam done: N/A
Medical exam forwarded: N/A
Visa received: N/A

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's my Mom's Timeline:
Doc. Pick-Up: June 30, 2012
Med. Req. : July 18, 2012
Med. done: July 23, 2012

So they went to Medical Nationwide System in Makati, and aside from the P4,100 package fee for her medical, she was charged an additional P925 for ECG and CREA. My mom asked them why there was an additional exam, they just ignored her. Should I be worried? Did your parents had to undergo ECG and CREA test too?

naleen03

Jun 18, 2012
So I guess they have bunch of Super Visa applicants now.. They can't make it on the processing time of 14 days. ???

jpdx

Jul 22, 2012
naleen03 said:
So I guess they have bunch of Super Visa applicants now.. They can't make it on the processing time of 14 days. ???
The 14 days starts when immigration office receives the result of the medical.

windy1477

Jul 27, 2012
Hi!

I am just wondering what company you took for the insurance for your parents to apply for super visa please?
I am planning to apply my father early next month. Thanks

jpdx

Jul 22, 2012
windy1477 said:
Hi!

I am just wondering what company you took for the insurance for your parents to apply for super visa please?
I am planning to apply my father early next month. Thanks
I live in Alberta, I got it from ama.ab.ca/insurance