+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
hi dyan29

we sent all what we received from the insurance broker. it was posted above :)

truongan's mom from vietnam just got her supervisa after a month ( processing time in their country is 21 days as posted on cic site). I hope we get ours too, soon!

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
thanks!

any news? any new updates as to how long its taking for the embassy in Manila to process the applications without any problems with documents or health issues?

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
well it says in canadian embassy site that it takes 14-15 days without any problem.

about my inlaws application, we're still waiting. i called nationwide for updates and they said my FIL's medical was sent to the embassy last jan 25th and my MIL's still in process (done her repeat xray on jan 24th).

did you send your parent's application?

toinky

Oct 26, 2008
hi all,

i am preparing my mom's documents for the supervisa application...
what insurance company did you use?
do i really need to get the insurance here in canada or pwede na from Pinas?

salamat

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
toinky said:
hi all,

i am preparing my mom's documents for the supervisa application...
what insurance company did you use?
do i really need to get the insurance here in canada or pwede na from Pinas?

salamat
We'll probably be using Blue Cross. And yes it has to be from Canada.

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
my parents' docs were picked up Feb. 27.
they had a hard time calling the call center and wasted a couple of thousands pesos for that alone.
they were supposed to come on Feb. 24, my dad stayed home the entire day and no one showed up..they never even called to inform they wouldn't be coming to pick up the application papers.
just praying hard that they wont ask for additional docs and no issues with the medicals, otherwise it's going to be a drag...

any updates about your parents in law's application creampuffs?

mhersol

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Hello everyone.

I am planning for my mom to apply for a supervisa.
But for now, only my husband is working co'z I am still taking up some courses at the University for me to have a Professional Teaching Certificate here in Winnipeg. We have 3 kids. My eldest is 9 y/o and the youngest is 1 1/2 y/o.
My mom just retired from DepEd.
Do you think she will be given a supervisa since I am not working?
I read that aside from letter of invitation, I should meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO), and for family w/ 5 ,members like me, the minimum necessary income is $47,710.
Do I still need to meet this eventhough my mom has sufficient fund to visit us here?
Please let me know....
Thanks in advance for your replies.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
dyan29 said:
my parents' docs were picked up Feb. 27.
they had a hard time calling the call center and wasted a couple of thousands pesos for that alone.
they were supposed to come on Feb. 24, my dad stayed home the entire day and no one showed up..they never even called to inform they wouldn't be coming to pick up the application papers.
just praying hard that they wont ask for additional docs and no issues with the medicals, otherwise it's going to be a drag...

any updates about your parents in law's application creampuffs?
Hi dyan, sorry for my late answer. Well,we're still waiting....we called nationwide sabi forwarded na daw meds nila last feb 22.i dont know bat wala pa din...i want to call the embassyabout that pati na din yung about sa petition nila coz we got approved as sponsor and we have to contact them para malaman namin yung mga ipapass na req's.

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
hi creampuffs,

we haven't heard from the embassy until now. how do you do a follow up and who is this nationwide company?
i submitted a sponsorship application last November (just few days before they decided to pause sponsorship applications) - not even a confirmation letter yet.
congratulations by the way for getting approved :)

it seems like it is now taking a while to process the supervisa. probably there's a lot of people applying na no?
let's just pray na our parents get here soon :)

@Mhersol

I think it would be advisable for you to call the CIC call center. As for how I understand the ``supervisa program`` you have to meet the LICO to be able to invite or sponsor your parent. If you don`t then her best and only option would be a regular TRV (visitor visa). SInce she is retired and potentially have the finances to support her visit, then she might get a good chance :)
Goodluck and I hope this helps...

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
dyan29 said:
hi creampuffs,

we haven't heard from the embassy until now. how do you do a follow up and who is this nationwide company?
i submitted a sponsorship application last November (just few days before they decided to pause sponsorship applications) - not even a confirmation letter yet.
congratulations by the way for getting approved :)

it seems like it is now taking a while to process the supervisa. probably there's a lot of people applying na no?
let's just pray na our parents get here soon :)

dyan,

really????its almost 2 weeks now...my in laws, after just 4 days they received a letter for meds. Siguro sobra na back log nila ulit sa dami ng mga applicants.

About nationwide, dun sila nagpa medical and according to them, my inlaw's meds are all ok and forwaded to the embassy last feb. 22nd ( mom's med) and jan 19th ( dad's med).

thanks and congrats din sayo at naipass mo sponsorship nila before they stop accepting applications. Long wait ulit yan...we really need a lot of patience.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
creampuffs said:
well it says in canadian embassy site that it takes 14-15 days without any problem.

about my inlaws application, we're still waiting. i called nationwide for updates and they said my FIL's medical was sent to the embassy last jan 25th and my MIL's still in process (done her repeat xray on jan 24th).

did you send your parent's application?
Hi creampuff,
I'm wondering about the "10 to 15 days," and completed application. Does it mean after medical examination, it will take 10 to 15 days for the decision to be made? Or beginning from the date of submission?

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
Moraine said:
Hi creampuff,
I'm wondering about the "10 to 15 days," and completed application. Does it mean after medical examination, it will take 10 to 15 days for the decision to be made? Or beginning from the date of submission?
hi morraine,

10- 15 days is after the medical.....but it's our 16th day today ( weekends are not included) waiting for the visa after medical and no visa yet :(

here's my timeline:
docs sent: jan 3rd
medical request: jan 7th
medicals done: jan 11th
2nd med for MIL: jan 25
FIL meds sent to the embassy: jan 24th
MIL meds sent to the embassy: feb 22nd
and now waiting, waiting and waiting......

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
creampuffs said:
hi morraine,

10- 15 days is after the medical.....but it's our 16th day today ( weekends are not included) waiting for the visa after medical and no visa yet :(

here's my timeline:
docs sent: jan 3rd
medical request: jan 7th
medicals done: jan 11th
2nd med for MIL: jan 25
FIL meds sent to the embassy: jan 24th
MIL meds sent to the embassy: feb 22nd
and now waiting, waiting and waiting......
Oh no, i'm sorry to hear that long wait well it seems that we are on the same boat now as my parents in Davao and i are still waiting i hope what's coming soon are their visas because after they completed their medical exam on the 22nd last month, we haven't heard nor received anything from them ... i hope your inlaws have gotten something by now

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
Hi all,

We're in the process of completing my folk's application. I waited for my most recent T4 slips before i decided to apply.

Just a question for anyone who has applied. How did you write the invitation letter? I read somewhere that it needs to be personal & addressed to the people you're inviting. I read somewhere else that it needs to be addressed to the Visa officer. Which route did you guys take? & is it possible if you can post a draft for us who are in the process of writing one.

Thanks & Best of luck to all.. :)