+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa from Bangladesh

CNF123

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Thank you so much Rossei. Do you have any idea if passport can be renewed 10 months before the expiry date?
Rossei said:
Since your mom will have less than 1 year validity with her passport when you apply; the VO may issue a regular TRV instead of Super Visa (it happened before). In either case, the VISA (Super Visa or Visit Visa), if successful, will be given up to the validity of the passport.

Your dates should line up same everywhere. For example, intended travel date in application should match with what you state in your invitation letter which should also match with medical insurance effective date. FYI, you can change the insurance effective date by contacting the broker later.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Hi Rossei,

I am applying online for a super visa for my mother. I did the online questionnaire and got the list of forms. While I am going through the form IMM5257E, there is no provision to mention that this application is for super visa. So does it depend on CIC's discretion that they issue the supervise or is there any other form I need to fill? I also read in this forum about the need for insurance. I didn't see that request in the list of forms that CIC displayed after I did the questionnaire. There was no check list either. I just would like to ensure that I am doing this correctly. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto2013 said:
Hi Rossei,

I am applying online for a super visa for my mother. I did the online questionnaire and got the list of forms. While I am going through the form IMM5257E, there is no provision to mention that this application is for super visa. So does it depend on CIC's discretion that they issue the supervise or is there any other form I need to fill? I also read in this forum about the need for insurance. I didn't see that request in the list of forms that CIC displayed after I did the questionnaire. There was no check list either. I just would like to ensure that I am doing this correctly. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
let me help u till the Rossei (more experienced then me) comes back. though u r doing online but download paper based package from the website and you will get every that you want, you need two guides, one international one and second your country specific one. You will also get forms, fill those forms on computer before doing on line application, in this way u will be aware of what would be asked online.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
nehamerchant said:
let me help u till the Rossei (more experienced then me) comes back. though u r doing online but download paper based package from the website and you will get every that you want, you need two guides, one international one and second your country specific one. You will also get forms, fill those forms on computer before doing on line application, in this way u will be aware of what would be asked online.
Thank you. Appreciate this input.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Toronto2013 said:
Hi Rossei,

Thanks for the help.
I haven't applied online; so don't have real life experience with it. nehamerchant knows better in this case.

I just want to clarify your confusion re: Super Visa selection in application package. There are 3 things which can help understand the VO that you're applying for SuperVisa:
1. When you choose that your mom wants to stay for more than 6 months in the questionnaire; it will automatically choose the right docs for you. For a regular TRV; it won't ask you to upload NOA/T4 (things like it).
2. You can also mention that your mom is applying for Super Visa in your invitation letter.
3. Visa office specific checklist has a separate section for SuperVisa; when you check those - it sends the message.

I hope you understand now. BTW, always double check the application package by choosing paper-based application before applying online finally.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CNF123 said:
Thank you so much Rossei. Do you have any idea if passport can be renewed 10 months before the expiry date?
Does your mom hold an MRP? If not; she can certainly apply for one anytime. If she is already has it and it's expiring in 10 months; I'm not too sure if she can apply to renew it now. I think she can; but you still have to contact BD passport office to make sure. I tried to look for this info on their website, couldn't find anything.

CNF123

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Thank you for your reply. Yes my mother holds MRP. I will try to contact BD passport office.
Rossei said:
Does your mom hold an MRP? If not; she can certainly apply for one anytime. If she is already has it and it's expiring in 10 months; I'm not too sure if she can apply to renew it now. I think she can; but you still have to contact BD passport office to make sure. I tried to look for this info on their website, couldn't find anything.

robinson784

Mar 9, 2014
Hi All,

I applied Supervisa for my parents at 7th may 2015! I provided:

1. NOA
2. Invitation
3. Me and my wifes job certificate with current pay stub
4. Insurence for one year
5. Our PP copy
6. My bank statement
7. Birth certificate

From my parents side they provided:

1. Bank statement
2. Job certificate
3. Marrige Certificate
4. Cover letter

Recently they got call from VFS, That they have to submit additional documents for further processing......I applied Supervisa for them at 2014 and they did upfornt medical which is valid till this September! So they havent provide any upfornt medical for this time. I am feeling little bit nervous this time that what documents they asked for? My parents will go to the VFS today and check what other documents they wanted?

What you guys think?

Note: Last time they denied because I provided only job certificates not the NOA!!!!!!! at 2014. ::) ::)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
robinson784 said:
Hi All,

I applied Supervisa for my parents at 7th may 2015! I provided:

1. NOA
2. Invitation
3. Me and my wifes job certificate with current pay stub
4. Insurence for one year
5. Our PP copy
6. My bank statement
7. Birth certificate

From my parents side they provided:

1. Bank statement
2. Job certificate
3. Marrige Certificate
4. Cover letter

Recently they got call from VFS, That they have to submit additional documents for further processing......I applied Supervisa for them at 2014 and they did upfornt medical which is valid till this September! So they havent provide any upfornt medical for this time. I am feeling little bit nervous this time that what documents they asked for? My parents will go to the VFS today and check what other documents they wanted?

What you guys think?

Note: Last time they denied because I provided only job certificates not the NOA!!!!!!! at 2014. ::) ::)
Only thing missing that I can see is copies of your PR cards/citizenship certificates. Also, I hope you have provided NOA's for both you and your wife if you both together meet LICO.

When they require additional docs; they cannot be medical. If your parents need to do medical again for 2015; they will just issue them IME request.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might have to submit copy of their birth certificates or passports to prove relationship.

robinson784

Mar 9, 2014
It's medical for my parents. They did it already. Now we're waiting for the supervisa.....please pray for us...! Thanks to all

robinson784

Mar 9, 2014
:D ;D Thanks to all.....................My Parents got Super Visa on 2nd July 2015! I am so happy to hear that.....

They have got their visa till to their PP expiry date. In here my question is their PP will going to be expire on November 2016, So they include a new PP or not? Or they will take another/new PP from Canada.

Take my thanks for the reply.......

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
robinson784 said:
:D ;D Thanks to all.....................My Parents got Super Visa on 2nd July 2015! I am so happy to hear that.....

They have got their visa till to their PP expiry date. In here my question is their PP will going to be expire on November 2016, So they include a new PP or not? Or they will take another/new PP from Canada.

Take my thanks for the reply.......
I don't understand your question. If your parents have already got their SuperVisa stamped on their PP; how/where can you include new PP? If the visa expires; they have to go back.

robinson784

Mar 9, 2014
Thanks Rossi...yes they have got their visa till November 2016! And that's also their passports going to be expire. Now they're planning to come at January 2016; so in that case do they need renew their passports or grab new pp to add with the old pp? Sorry I am feeling confuse now....

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
robinson784 said:
Thanks Rossi...yes they have got their visa till November 2016! And that's also their passports going to be expire. Now they're planning to come at January 2016; so in that case do they need renew their passports or grab new pp to add with the old pp? Sorry I am feeling confuse now....
I don't think that they have to renew their passports. If the passports are valid for more than 6 months; it should be good enough (a general rule for all countries). But if they renew their passports before traveling to Canada, they have to carry both (old & new) passports with them in order to seek entry to Canada. Read below:

ENF-4: Port of Entry Examinations

13.15. Valid visas in expired passports
If an expired passport contains a valid visa counterfoil, the counterfoil can still be used since the expiration of the passport has no effect on the visa's validity. Holders of a valid visa may continue to use their visa until the date it expires even if the visa is in an expired passport. Visitors can fulfil the visa and passport requirements by presenting both the renewed and expired passports containing the valid visa counterfoil to a BSO when seeking entry into Canada. The Regulations state that visas should not be issued longer than the validity of the passport. However, due to preIRPA cases, it is possible to encounter visas in expired passports.

It is not possible to "transfer" a valid visa into a new passport. If the holder of a valid visa wishes to have a visa placed in their new passport or if the passport is deemed ‘not valid' for political or security concerns, visitors must apply for a replacement visa by submitting a new application and paying the replacement document fee in accordance with R311(2).

If the applicant wishes to obtain a visa valid for a longer period in the new document, this will constitute a new temporary resident visa application and any applicable fees resulting from this new application will be collected. The previous visa will subsequently be cancelled.

NB: Here's the link for CIC bulletins and manuals that you should bookmark for future reference.