+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for Syrian parents - is it possible?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hello all,

My in-laws are currently living in Syria and I'm wondering what their chances are of getting a supervisa. I assume the chances are slim because they are living in a war zone and the visa officer will not have enough proof to think they will want to return to Syria (even though they've rebuilt their house from it being destroyed in the war).

I don't think they are interested in immigrating to Canada....and we can't go back to Syria to visit them.

Any others with Syrian or Iraqi inlaws have any luck in getting a supervisa for their parents??

:)

C.

LanaLanski

Sep 8, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Hi Chilkootcee,

I will eventually have the same question. Well, a similar question. My husband and I have not yet been approved for spousal sponsorship. I have been approved as aa sponsor and he's application for PR is still being processed. Currently, we live in the UAE and his parents are here with us and some other family members. I am Canada. When we are approved for PR and we migrate we will be living he parents behind here in the UAE. Our plan is to eventually apply for a super visa for them.

You are worried that Canada won't grant your parents a super visa because there isn't enough of a way to prove that your parents will return to Syria. We worry about the same thing eventually. Also, we have some Syrian friends who have left the UAE for Canada and have their parents in Syria still, we have advised them to get a super visa. If we hear anymore from them will we fill you in.

Lets keep in touch. I would love to know how your situation play out.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
LanaLanski said:
Hi Chilkootcee,

I will eventually have the same question. Well, a similar question. My husband and I have not yet been approved for spousal sponsorship. I have been approved as aa sponsor and he's application for PR is still being processed. Currently, we live in the UAE and his parents are here with us and some other family members. I am Canada. When we are approved for PR and we migrate we will be living he parents behind here in the UAE. Our plan is to eventually apply for a super visa for them.

You are worried that Canada won't grant your parents a super visa because there isn't enough of a way to prove that your parents will return to Syria. We worry about the same thing eventually. Also, we have some Syrian friends who have left the UAE for Canada and have their parents in Syria still, we have advised them to get a super visa. If we hear anymore from them will we fill you in.

Thank you so much for the response....yes would love to hear how things go for you....no one knows the angst of the whole sponsorship process unless you've been through it. I'm looking forward to meeting my in-laws for the first time in November if they are able to safely travel to another country we have in mind (seeing as it's not safe for us to travel there). It won't be the UAE or any neighbouring country sadly....but new adventures await and I don't care where it is...just want to meet my in-laws and give them a big hug...especially to my mother in law because my own mom died unexpectedly earlier this year and she's the only "mom" I will have...

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Is there anyone who has settled in Canada since the war in Syria started who was successful in obtaining a supervisa for their parents / grandparents?

Take care,

C.

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Hello there,

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if your husband's parents got the super visa eventually?

We are also Syrians and are newly landed immigrants and we currently meet the requirements for the Super Visa. I just had a baby and I would really love to get my parents to come and visit (to see the baby and give me some much needed help) . They are both Syrians but they live in Qatar (have been living there for the past 30 years).
What was your experience like? Do you know of other Syrians that were granted the super visa recently?
Thanks

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Hello there,

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if your husband's parents got the super visa eventually?

We are also Syrians and are newly landed immigrants and we currently meet the requirements for the Super Visa. I just had a baby and I would really love to get my parents to come and visit (to see the baby and give me some much needed help) . They are both Syrians but they live in Qatar (have been living there for the past 30 years).
What was your experience like? Do you know of other Syrians that were granted the super visa recently?
Thanks
Did u apply ??

alidonkaka6

Dec 22, 2021
hi

Is there anyone who has moved to Canada since the Syrian conflict began who has been successful in acquiring a supervisa for their parents or grandparents?

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Hi Chilkootcee,

[/QUOTE
hi

Is there anyone who has moved to Canada since the Syrian conflict began who has been successful in acquiring a supervisa for their parents or grandparents?
It is been more than 9months since I applied super visa for mama who is resident in Syria but till now no approval or refusal I’m going crazy

Reactions: alidonkaka6