26-10-2016
Med's Done....
08-11-2016
Passport Req..
18-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
I cant stress too much on this issue.
I am going to apply for my mother supervisa in April/May IN SHA ALLAH as her regular visa is expiring in a few months anyway.
I think if IRCC issued her regular visitor's visa two times before then why wouldn't they grant her supervisa this time.
In your case I suggest you keep the same visa as it's valid for 10 years and once your mother is in Canada keep extending her stay as supervisa.
I don't think you can extend many times ... only 1-2 before they ask you to leave.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
I don't think you can extend many times ... only 1-2 before they ask you to leave.
Your mother can use her current TRV to enter for 6 months. Then apply from within Canada to extend under the supervisa since you are PR now.
You can email me if you need more info on this.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's correct and I think the same also applies to supervisa holders
Yes, both scenarios for extension are the same. However, extensions are not limited to 1-2 times before they are refused. An applicant can be refused for the first extension itself

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Yes, both scenarios for extension are the same. However, extensions are not limited to 1-2 times before they are refused. An applicant can be refused for the first extension itself
True
Bryanna or mhmmdmz can you please post the original question of this post on IRCC twitter if you are the user there. I heard they usually do reply on twitter. I would do it but I am not on twitter

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I cant stress too much on this issue.
I am going to apply for my mother supervisa in April/May IN SHA ALLAH as her regular visa is expiring in a few months anyway.
I think if IRCC issued her regular visitor's visa two times before then why wouldn't they grant her supervisa this time.
In your case I suggest you keep the same visa as it's valid for 10 years and once your mother is in Canada keep extending her stay as supervisa.
Soon I will be applying for my mother's super visa as her existing TRV will be expiring in October. Initially she got TRV with my Father as principal applicant. Since 2015 my mother only visited me once for around 40 days in 2015. She does not want to stay in Canada more then 3 to 4 weeks. I am still very confuse which visa to apply for her Super visa or regular TRV.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Soon I will be applying for my mother's super visa as her existing TRV will be expiring in October. Initially she got TRV with my Father as principal applicant. Since 2015 my mother only visited me once for around 40 days in 2015. She does not want to stay in Canada more then 3 to 4 weeks. I am still very confuse which visa to apply for her Super visa or regular TRV.
It would be better to apply for a TRV

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
It would be better to apply for a TRV
Thank you @Bryanna, she does not have any property on her name and probably have around $10,000 in her account thats it. Would she be given any leniency in decision considering her previous TRV of 3.5 years and she only visit once for 40 days?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I guess you should apply for supervisa as its relatively easier to get as compare to the regular trv but costly too.