+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa category on passport

Mamaneem

Aug 18, 2022
I recently applied for a supervisa for my mum in Thailand. We were notified that it has been approved. We got the passport back and the visa category is v-1. It's the same as her existing valid multiple-entry visa which confused me. What should supervisa look like on the passport? Should the category be different? When I submitted the application online, I indicated that it was for a supervisa and her stay is going to be longer than 6 months and submitted all the required documents for supervisa e.g. medical insurance, letter of invitation, etc.

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I recently applied for a supervisa for my mum in Thailand. We were notified that it has been approved. We got the passport back and the visa category is v-1. It's the same as her existing valid multiple-entry visa which confused me. What should supervisa look like on the passport? Should the category be different? When I submitted the application online, I indicated that it was for a supervisa and her stay is going to be longer than 6 months and submitted all the required documents for supervisa e.g. medical insurance, letter of invitation, etc.
A supervisa is PG-1 category. The visa office need not grant a supervisa applied for, but grants a V-1 in your mom’s case as she doesn’t qualify for a PG-1. It’s quite common.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you submit NOA showing that you earned over LICO?