+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa approved for parents and visitor visa for siblings

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Good Morning,

I have a concern, in April 2022 I applied visitor visa for my parents and a sibling ( Minor). Unfortunately they all got refusal on financial and purpose of the visit. In the GCMS notes, officer mentioned that he was not convinced with supporting documents in the funds section, as I gave my bank statement instead of theirs.

In July 2022, I applied for parents Super visa, it got approved. Now is it possible to apply for siblings.

if yes, can i mentioned my father bank statement and his job letter. Do I also need to mention that parents are already approved for visa as the sibling is minor and can only travel with the parents or guardian.

what other documents can make the case strong..

Please advise.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good Morning,

I have a concern, in April 2022 I applied visitor visa for my parents and a sibling ( Minor). Unfortunately they all got refusal on financial and purpose of the visit. In the GCMS notes, officer mentioned that he was not convinced with supporting documents in the funds section, as I gave my bank statement instead of theirs.

In July 2022, I applied for parents Super visa, it got approved. Now is it possible to apply for siblings.

if yes, can i mentioned my father bank statement and his job letter. Do I also need to mention that parents are already approved for visa as the sibling is minor and can only travel with the parents or guardian.

Please advise.
Thank you.
One of the reasons your parents may have been approved is because your sibling is remaining in their home country. How old is your sibling? Your sibling will not have to show strong ties to country (school/work as parents are not a tie since they have supervisa). If a minor, your parents include bank statements, not your. His job offer has no bearing because it is not your sibling's job. Your sibling has to prove return so leave from school, tuition paid etc. Mentioning that your parents have approved supervisa and can stay in Canada for years now is not a good idea. Now that your parents have supervisa, IRCC may believe that your sibling has no intention of leaving.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
He is 13 year old and in a grade 9, I can get the school documents. But curious with parents supervisa. can I just mention that he will be accompanied by parents. Probably do they have access to their( parents) visa details?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He is 13 year old and in a grade 9, I can get the school documents. But curious with parents supervisa. can I just mention that he will be accompanied by parents. Probably do they have access to their( parents) visa details?
You can write a letter of invitation stating he is coming for school holidays. IRCC knows that your parents have a super visa. His biggest hurdle is that your parents now have a supervisa and can stay up to 5 years at a time. So the application has to show definite proof that he will return. If you mention that he will accompany them then this is a weak tie because IRCC will wonder if he will try to stay up to 5 years. Your brother has not family ties to his home country if parents are coming to Canada too.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
You can write a letter of invitation stating he is coming for school holidays. IRCC knows that your parents have a super visa. His biggest hurdle is that your parents now have a supervisa and can stay up to 5 years at a time. So the application has to show definite proof that he will return. If you mention that he will accompany them then this is a weak tie because IRCC will wonder if he will try to stay up to 5 years. Your brother has not family ties to his home country if parents are coming to Canada too.
Thank you, I will ask a letter from the school. Also Will attach his school fee receipts.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Supervisa is prinarily dependent on the PR or Canadian citizen’s finances while a TRV is primarily dependent on the visitor’s finances. Would make sure to include more proof that your father’s bank statements are authentic. As previously indicated it is very important that your parents and brother prove that they will only be visiting you temporarily and preferably only during school holidays. Proof of parents leave approval from their jobs, date of school holidays, proof of school admission for next year, etc. are some of the documents I would suggest including.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Supervisa is prinarily dependent on the PR or Canadian citizen’s finances while a TRV is primarily dependent on the visitor’s finances. Would make sure to include more proof that your father’s bank statements are authentic. As previously indicated it is very important that your parents and brother prove that they will only be visiting you temporarily and preferably only during school holidays. Proof of parents leave approval from their jobs, date of school holidays, proof of school admission for next year, etc. are some of the documents I would suggest including.
Thank you.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Does parents SuperVisa anyhow impact brothers Visitor Visa(applying for both brother and his wife)?? What kind of strong ties does they need to show? They have their jobs and properties back in India and planning for a 2week trip to visit us for house warming. they do not have any travel history.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does parents SuperVisa anyhow impact brothers Visitor Visa(applying for both brother and his wife)?? What kind of strong ties does they need to show? They have their jobs and properties back in India and planning for a 2week trip to visit us for house warming. they do not have any travel history.
Yes your parents having a supervisa will impact other family members’ TRV applications. Your brothers ties to their home country are much weaker if you and your parents are in Canada and your parents can remain in Canada. A house warming is not a good reason for your whole family to travel to Canada from India given the huge expense. There will be concerns that they are trying to remain in Canada if they are all travelling to Canada, they don’t have a travel history, etc. They need to show employment, enough savings to afford the trip without draining most of their savings, property ownership if they have any, previous international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Yes your parents having a supervisa will impact other family members’ TRV applications. Your brothers ties to their home country are much weaker if you and your parents are in Canada and your parents can remain in Canada. A house warming is not a good reason for your whole family to travel to Canada from India given the huge expense. There will be concerns that they are trying to remain in Canada if they are all travelling to Canada, they don’t have a travel history, etc. They need to show employment, enough savings to afford the trip without draining most of their savings, property ownership if they have any, previous international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.
No, whole family isn’t travelling. My parents will be in India only. Only my brother and his wife will be travelling. However, when you say without draining most of the savings. How much do they need to bear expenses for a 2week trip? I mean how much do they need to show? 40kCAD? They do have property ownership but do not have any international travel! Doesnt my brother’s wife parents who doesnt have a Canada visa add one of the valid strong point for their strong tie?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, whole family isn’t travelling. My parents will be in India only. Only my brother and his wife will be travelling. However, when you say without draining most of the savings. How much do they need to bear expenses for a 2week trip? I mean how much do they need to show? 40kCAD? They do have property ownership but do not have any international travel! Doesnt my brother’s wife parents who doesnt have a Canada visa add one of the valid strong point for their strong tie?
Your parents and brother’s wife‘s parents are not ties to home country. Their children, if they have children, are. I think their funds are adequate after paying for airfare. They need to show strong ties not family too so employment letters with approved leave. Travel history may be an issue but can’t do anything about it.

AvonStyx

Feb 15, 2013
Good Morning,

Please advise.
Thank you.
Hello are you able to share your timeline please of the supervisa application in July 2022. Same here my parents applied in July 2022.
Thank you

AvonStyx

Feb 15, 2013
Hi I have a question. My parents applied for supervisa July 2022 through online portal. My question in your application did you include the proof of medical insurance? Or when is the best time to show that you purchased a medical insurance for supervisa.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I have a question. My parents applied for supervisa July 2022 through online portal. My question in your application did you include the proof of medical insurance? Or when is the best time to show that you purchased a medical insurance for supervisa.
Thank you
You have to provide evidence of the medical insurance up front when they apply (with the original application).

AvonStyx

Feb 15, 2013
You have to provide evidence of the medical insurance up front when they apply (with the original application).
Thank you for the reply.
During the online application it did not ask to upload a proof of medical insurance though. My parents just uploaded what they ask. We were thinking that the proof on medical insurance comes after the visa approval so that you have the exact dates for the start of insurance coverage.