+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa application

akkireks

Apr 12, 2017
Hello :)

I'm new to this forum and have been going through lots of posts recently. It would be great if someone could guide me through the process.

I'm thinking to apply supervisa for my parents and in-laws (I'm in Canada with my Husband and they are all in India ALSO my parents visitor visa got rejected once in 2015 as they couldn't show ties back home).. lots of questions here!

1) Which is a better option - Online or Paper application?
2) I tried filling the questionnaire in CIC online and selected the more than 6 months visit option so is that the only thing we do to select for super-visa as I don't see any specific link or application form for this... its just the same as the visit visa right?
3) My dad had 2 angioplasty's done in the past 3 years and he is a diabetic patient - will that risk his medical status and visa approval.
4) I know they need to get their medicals done.. so when do they come to know if they have cleared their medical and its all good or any issues? is it while taking their tests from the same doctor or is it after uploading documents to cic and it says medical failed? :-X
5) He is a Independent Railway contractor and not to much into his job since the past 2 years due to the medical conditions. but he has his IT returns which i can still show. I'm worried about a fix income as he has nothing as such and no bank balance. Mom is a homemaker so the same situation with bank balance. If i transfer money in their bank account will that help?
6) Also they have no assets such as property papers and all... what do i do?
7) Also coz they have been married for like 32 years no marriage certificate. will passport/adhar card help. what do i put as marriage certificate?
8) I will be creating profile for them and applying online. so how do i do that create a gc key on my dad's name or apply from my existing CIC portal with the reference no i get from the questionnaire.
9) If i will be doing the application for them do i need to fill the representative form and select the option: 'I will be giving someone else access to my application?'

PLEASE guide me.. I want to get my parents here to stay with me atleast for a few months :( :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Regardless of a TRV or a super visa, your parents must demonstrate their individual strong ties/reasons to return to India. The greater the dependence on you (for example, financially) the lesser the chances of getting approved.

1. Online/Paper submission: It's a matter of personal preference. Approvals would depend on the quality of the application (evidence, strong ties) and it is not impacted by the type of submission.

2. Super visa is a type of temporary residence visa.

3. There's no way of knowing if your dad will clear the medicals or not for a super visa until he actually does the medicals. His heart condition and diabetes (if it is uncontrolled/insulin-dependent/he had other medical conditions arising due to diabetes) can affect the medicals.

If you don't want to risk a super visa refusal due to medicals then your dad can do the super visa type of medical tests from a non-designated panel physician.... check if he clears these medicals.... and then actually go through the medicals for the super visa.

5. If his medical condition is affecting his ability to work then you probably have the answer already without doing "preliminary" medical tests.

6. As your parents do not have strong ties (unstable employment, no finances, no property, no travel history, etc)..... your best bet is to apply only for TRV for one parent while showing the other parent as the family tie to return to. Do not apply for super visas.

7. Your birth certificate or school certificate which has both your parents' names will help.

8. GC key on your dad's name

9. Yes, you can

Cheers

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
akkireks said:
1) Which is a better option - Online or Paper application?
Paper application.

Note: Outcome is not going to be any different, just the timelines. Paper applications are processed faster based on my observations over the past 3 months.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@twuser

I've just replied to someone whose mom has received a PPR for an online super visa application. You might want to check on those timelines

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-passport-request-query-t484963.0.html

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Bryanna said:
@ twuser

I've just replied to someone whose mom has received a PPR for an online super visa application. You might want to check on those timelines

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-passport-request-query-t484963.0.html
Checked, I think his case is very different, his mom's parent sponsorship application is in process at the London office, that could have had a big impact, also considering the fact that Pakistan's timelines are around 3 months and his application was processed in 45 days.

Also, Pakistan office seems to be asking passport quite early in the process, long before they are ready to issue a visa.

akkireks

Apr 12, 2017
Thanks Bryanna

I will consider getting the medical tests from a non-designated panel physician first and then go ahead. Also his medical conditions isn't stopping him from continuing his work. Its just that I didn't want him to take too much work stress and asked him to stop continuing as now I can financially support them enough...

lets see il get started with the medicals first and what about the insurance when does that come into action.. before applying supervisa we need to get that done.. or after medical pass. and if yes then how long does it have to be for an year??

do we have insurance providers who can provide insurance specially for my dad's health scenario.. he is fine now (but his past 2 angioplasty's and his diabetes problem will that effect?)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
akkireks said:
Its just that I didn't want him to take too much work stress and asked him to stop continuing as now I can financially support them enough...
That's perfectly understandable. If he can prove he is earning an income then it would help tremendously.

For super visas, you must include the minimum CAD 100,000 insurance along with the super visa application. Not later on.

do we have insurance providers who can provide insurance specially for my dad's health scenario.. he is fine now (but his past 2 angioplasty's and his diabetes problem will that effect?)
You'll have to check

akkireks

Apr 12, 2017

Also do we have the whole list of documents required and general timeline for supervisa applications listed anywhere in this forum. If so can i get the link. I've been trying to look for it since long but unable to find anything which could help me start off.

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
having medical conditions such as heat disease or diabetes is a risk for supervisa?
my dad takes tablets for diabetes and not dependent on insulin.

akkireks

Apr 12, 2017
@sindhugururaj - yeah same here. My dad has had heart problem in the past but he never had to take insulin for diabetes. He takes tablets regularly.

But I'm sure heart issues in the past would be a problem and having diabetes would not be a big issue but yeah it might increase the insurance rates

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
akkireks said:
Also do we have the whole list of documents required and general timeline for supervisa applications listed anywhere in this forum. If so can i get the link. I've been trying to look for it since long but unable to find anything which could help me start off.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello :) Im in the same situation not exactly the same but if someone can guide me :

Made some edits frrom the akkireks post. Since I have similar questions.

I'm thinking to apply supervisa for my parents and in-laws (I'm in Canada with my Husband and they are in Saudi but Indian Citizen ALSO my moms visitor visa got rejected twice in 2012 and IDK when was the first rejection but before 2012 as they couldn't show ties back home and various reasons I told in the message).. lots of questions here!

1) My dad had 1 brain stroke in the past 2 years before - will that risk his medical status and visa approval.
2) I know they need to get their medicals done.. so when do they come to know if they have cleared their medical and its all good or any issues? is it while taking their tests from the same doctor or is it after uploading documents to cic and it says medical failed? :-X
3) He was a machine operator and not into this job anymore since the past year due to the medical conditions. but he has his returns which i can still show. I'm worried about a fix income as he has nothing as of now but he got this pension plan money and we can show a bank balance both in India and Saudi. We have properties in India and a house with valuation documents. Mom is a homemaker . If i transfer money in their bank account will that help?

Also my brother is on work permit currently and his convocation is coming as well and he wants to call them .