+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa Application In June - Timelines

KamToor

Apr 30, 2017
Thanks for the update!! i am also expecting the same request..because i didn't submit it upfront
I wasn't aware if medicals are needed for Super Visa. I have booked medical for 26 th July.

Will it affect the processing times tremendously??

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
I wasn't aware if medicals are needed for Super Visa. I have booked medical for 26 th July.

Will it affect the processing times tremendously??
Yes, medicals are needed for Supervisa. The information is given on their website

I think the time medicals are requested by IRCC, the processing time is paused until the medicals are done and the application shows it as passed.
In short, yes, the processing time is elongated. On an avg, i have seen it 10 days increase in time after the medicals are submitted

SamD.

Mar 18, 2019
Got a mail from CIC stating rejection of my parents supervisa because of not having ties back at home (India). They showed property , job letter, savings, but still??? And my husband and I make 100k + a year. So lame!!

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
DO we need to show minimum bank balance ( not sure how much ) while file a application for super visa both parents ?

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Got a mail from CIC stating rejection of my parents supervisa because of not having ties back at home (India). They showed property , job letter, savings, but still??? And my husband and I make 100k + a year. So lame!!
Sorry to hear. Does your parents have any previous travel history and how old are they? Are they both seniors?

SamD.

Mar 18, 2019
Sorry to hear. Does your parents have any previous travel history and how old are they? Are they both seniors?
Both of my parents are under 60. They don’t have a travel history.
There are 2 reasons why CIC refused the application. 1. Because of family ties in Canada and in India. 2. Purpose of visit is not good. In supervisa, does the above 2 things matter much ? We are family of 4, my parents are in India and my brother is in US, I am in Canada. So because of that they got rejected??? Why did they make supervisa for? Purpose of visit is to visit their daughter because this is supervisa!!! I have seen visitor visa getting denied because of such reasons, but supervisa ??

Guys, do you think they should apply again in paper form?? I miss my parents so much!

sravanthiloka

Jul 26, 2019
File Submitted for my parents supervise on July 05, 2019
Biometrics requested July 08, 2019
Biometrics submitted July 10, 2019
The process time is increasing every week......:oops:

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Both of my parents are under 60. They don’t have a travel history.
There are 2 reasons why CIC refused the application. 1. Because of family ties in Canada and in India. 2. Purpose of visit is not good. In supervisa, does the above 2 things matter much ? We are family of 4, my parents are in India and my brother is in US, I am in Canada. So because of that they got rejected??? Why did they make supervisa for? Purpose of visit is to visit their daughter because this is supervisa!!! I have seen visitor visa getting denied because of such reasons, but supervisa ??

Guys, do you think they should apply again in paper form?? I miss my parents so much!
Hey, sorry for hearing this.

I think you should reapply. You should mention a different 'purpose of visit'. Visting daughter seems fine, but there might be some negatives. Maybe CIC has an opinion that your parents are coming to look after your daughter when you guys are at work. Rather write about spending time with your family or any event.

I cant comment anything on ties as both of you are outside India. There should be some core reason they would want to go back to India after their stay.
BTW, its shocking that SUPERVISA is getting rejected because of family ties. As far as i know, CIC is encouraging PR's or citizens to apply supervisa for their parents.

Hope you get through next time. Good Luck!!!

SamD.

Mar 18, 2019
Hey, sorry for hearing this.

I think you should reapply. You should mention a different 'purpose of visit'. Visting daughter seems fine, but there might be some negatives. Maybe CIC has an opinion that your parents are coming to look after your daughter when you guys are at work. Rather write about spending time with your family or any event.

I cant comment anything on ties as both of you are outside India. There should be some core reason they would want to go back to India after their stay.
BTW, its shocking that SUPERVISA is getting rejected because of family ties. As far as i know, CIC is encouraging PR's or citizens to apply supervisa for their parents.

Hope you get through next time. Good Luck!!!
Thank you. This might be a bad luck, happening to one applicant a year. Hope this doesn’t happen to any of your applications. Good luck and good wishes guys.

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Thank you. This might be a bad luck, happening to one applicant a year. Hope this doesn’t happen to any of your applications. Good luck and good wishes guys.
I agree that you should re apply. I'm also in the process of applying my parents for Supervisa, I was advised to have one or couple of trips abroad for their travel history which I did. This will make their purpose of visit to Canada as a genuine tourism as per officer's perception.
There were applicants that were successful without travel history but all of them were regular visa not Supervisa applications based on my observation.
Good luck on your next application. Keep us posted!

Last edited:

chizyjide

Aug 8, 2016
my mum is currently in Canada with visitors visa, can i apply for a supervisa for her while shes still in Canada with me? Has someone tried it before?

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
my mum is currently in Canada with visitors visa, can i apply for a supervisa for her while shes still in Canada with me? Has someone tried it before?
i think i read something on this. Your parents would have to be outside Canada, if you opt for supervisa from visitor visa.
Dont take this 100% for sure. Confirm my statement from others.