+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa 2023 | No Agents

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hello all,

I am starting this tread to discuss on Supervisa application and process. Appreciate you sharing your experience and learnings during the SV application process.

Initially I applied SV via an agent but unfortunately that got rejected due to Insurance not paid for 1 year. So this time I decided to file the SV application by myself.

Looking forward for your help and support !

Thanks,
MD

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
What is the current wait time for SV from India. On portal it says 53 days. Has anyone got the visa before the mentioned timelines ?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hello all,

I am starting this tread to discuss on Supervisa application and process. Appreciate you sharing your experience and learnings during the SV application process.

Initially I applied SV via an agent but unfortunately that got rejected due to Insurance not paid for 1 year. So this time I decided to file the SV application by myself.

Thanks,
MD
When did you apply the first time ?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
It was last year Aug 2022
Okay make sens just wanted to know why it was rejected when you did not pay it in full as the gouvernement website does accept instalment with a deposit or a full payment. You applied in August 2022 and the below page was last updated on 22 Dec 2022

• have proof of private medical insurance from a Canadianinsurance company
    • This medical insurance needs to
      • be paid in full, or in instalments with a deposit (quotes aren’t accepted)
      • be valid for at least 1 year from the date you’ll enter Canada
      • cover your health care, hospitalization and repatriation
      • provide for at least $100,000 emergency coverage
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Okay make sens just wanted to know why it was rejected when you did not pay it in full as the gouvernement website does accept instalment with a deposit or a full payment. You applied in August 2022 and the below page was last updated on 22 Dec 2022

• have proof of private medical insurance from a Canadianinsurance company
    • This medical insurance needs to
      • be paid in full, or in instalments with a deposit (quotes aren’t accepted)
      • be valid for at least 1 year from the date you’ll enter Canada
      • cover your health care, hospitalization and repatriation
      • provide for at least $100,000 emergency coverage
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html
But then I believe they changed the rule again and you could pay month to month basis but then this time I decided to pay in full. Do you suggest buying the insurance thru agent or directly thru company ?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Hello all,

Thanks,
MD
Hello, I recently applied. Insurance cover bought for 1 year but only paid 2 months advance and it is monthly once they land.

My parents are in India. The processing time was dot 50 days. Could have been earlier but IRCC was on strike.

Stamping from passport delivery to collection took a week(passport was submitted on friday :p)

3sports

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hello, I recently applied. Insurance cover bought for 1 year but only paid 2 months advance and it is monthly once they land.

My parents are in India. The processing time was dot 50 days. Could have been earlier but IRCC was on strike.

Stamping from passport delivery to collection took a week(passport was submitted on friday :p)
Hi. Seeking your help please.

Can you provide me with some more information on the insurance? Do we buy online or through agents. What dates should we be selecting on the insurance considering the dates of travel are not yet concrete and I just want the super visa process to be done irrespective of when they plan to travel.

How did you go about selecting the kind of policy and the dates the insurance activates on. Please guide.