+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visitor visa for mother in law

ontarioFun

Jul 11, 2023
My wife wants to apply for her mother to come to Canada under the parent super visa. However, her income is lower than the LICO. My income is more than enough for that so I want to use my own income to support her mother's application. I have some questions regarding this

1. I understand that my mother needs a letter of invitation. Can both of us, i.e. my wife and I, sign the same letter instead of having 2 separate letters of invitation (one from me and one from my wife)?
  2. My mother cannot speak and write English. Can we apply the super visa online for her? If we can, do we pretend to be her and apply on her behalf?

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
My wife wants to apply for her mother to come to Canada under the parent super visa. However, her income is lower than the LICO. My income is more than enough for that so I want to use my own income to support her mother's application. I have some questions regarding this

1. I understand that my mother needs a letter of invitation. Can both of us, i.e. my wife and I, sign the same letter instead of having 2 separate letters of invitation (one from me and one from my wife)?
  2. My mother cannot speak and write English. Can we apply the super visa online for her? If we can, do we pretend to be her and apply on her behalf?
Hi! I applied for my mother-in-law’s super visa and me and my husband were both considered as sponsors.
We both signed an invitation letter(notarized)
with both are names and details with our signatures.
For the income, you need to show household income, not individuals as LICO itself depends upon how many people are living together and how much they earn, is that enough for the given number that will be living together.
You can apply online as it is much easier and convenient way of applying, you will be representative for her application. You can make a account on the new IRCC portal and you will get to know once you start her application.
Let me know if you have any other questions?
Good luck.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

1. Yes
2. Yes

Sowgat

May 17, 2019
On behalf of a friend: Hi, I want to co-sign with my wife for my mother-in-law's super visa application. Both of us are Bangladesh-born Canadian citizens. My wife is a full-time student. My employment income is well eligible to apply for my MIL. Here are my questions,

1. During the application process, in the "Invitation section", it asks "Has someone else also invited you? Should I be also included in this section? Or, should I just put my wife's information since she is the one who can sponsor her mother and I can only co-sign? I'll be the cosigner of the invitation letter.
2. My in-laws will show savings in her Bangladeshi bank account equivalent to $16000 Canadian. She is planning to stay for 7 months. Should we also show some savings? Or, my LOE, paystubs, T4 and NOA should be good enough? My savings are less than 5k.
3. Does my wife also need to provide her most recent NOA? Her NOA won't have much except the Child Tax benefit.
4. Is it necessary for my in-law to show an affidavit or CA evaluation of her assets? Does it matter to prove a home country tie? Or, if we include her emotional ties to her home country, will it be good enough? She has her mother and daughter living with her in Bangladesh. My in-law still takes care of her mother. She also takes care of her properties.

Thank you.