+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa..

Jasmeet_94

Oct 6, 2022
Hi,
My mother is diagnosed with initial stage of cancer in medical exam. Is she still get super visa in canada? Please reply me.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My mother is diagnosed with initial stage of cancer in medical exam. Is she still get super visa in canada? Please reply me.
Thanks
I’m sorry to hear about your mother’s diagnosis. What type of cancer? I can‘t imagine she’ll qualify for supervisa insurance if she’s been diagnosed with cancer. If you can’t get supervisa insurance then you won’t be considered for a supervisa. Even if she is approved any cancer treatment would not be covered as a pre-existing condition. For most cancers treatment as soon as possible is usually advisable so would start the process of treatment in your home country.

Jasmeet_94

Oct 6, 2022
Thanku so much for your reply. She is been diagnosed with lung and neck cancer. I hope for the best and I wish she will get visa and as well as best treatment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanku so much for your reply. She is been diagnosed with lung and neck cancer. I hope for the best and I wish she will get visa and as well as best treatment.
She should not expect to get approved. She also doesn’t qualify for “free” treatment and even if you have the funds to pay for her treatment in cash in Canada many hospitals will not accept her as a patient because they can’t even currently deal with those who have provincial healthcare. If you don’t have the savings in cash to prepay for treatment, which would be likely hundreds of thousands of doLars, she should not come to Canada even if she gets a visa. If you do have the funds in cash to prepay for her treatment you should be contacting hospitals and doctors in advance to guarantee that she will be accepted as a patient before coming to Canada. Thos will likely involve meeting with the hospital and putting down deposits, proving that you have the funds to pay for expensive longterm treatment, etc. She isn’t seeking emergency care she is looking for longterm care so can be denied care in Canada. She should also be seeking care as soon as possible so waiting until you hear about her TRV is not a good idea. She should be consulting an oncologist in Pakistan. I’m sorry of this sounds harsh but you seem to be under the false impression that she can easily get longterm treatment in Canada.

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hey everyone,
I am looking for some guidance on getting the Super visa travel indurance for my parents.
The quotes from companies like Manulife is too high and I am having a hard time in trusting these local insurance agencies who can get you insurance plans for cheaper dates.

Any suggestions are welcome.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone,
I am looking for some guidance on getting the Super visa travel indurance for my parents.
The quotes from companies like Manulife is too high and I am having a hard time in trusting these local insurance agencies who can get you insurance plans for cheaper dates.

Any suggestions are welcome.
How much are you being quoted per person? Supervisa insurance can easily be around 2k/person/year. Parents on supervisa often end up using the insurance which is why rates are higher than travel medical insurance for general travellers who are younger. How old are your parents? Do they have any health issues? What do you mean by local insurance agencies? In Canada? Supervisa insurance should not depend on the date of travel.Being able to visit for a year comes with costs. Your parents could consider visiting for half the year and you should get a partial refund for the year of insurance you that prepaid when applying. That would make it more affordable.

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi All, SORRY TO INTERRUPT THE CONVERSATION
I think this is my last chance to make my father visit Canada and see his grandchild. Please help me.

My father is a multiple myeloma patient. He is applying for a super visa and we were asked to submit an oncology report. Fathers' doctors are not very sure about how detailed this report should be. They are telling us that multiple myeloma does not have stages. They are asking us what we need to write there.

Can anybody send me a sample of the oncology report that you submitted, and was sufficient? below is what the referral letter askes,

A medical report from an oncologist is required. The applicant is reported to have multiple myeloma. We require a report clarifying/ confirming the applicant's diagnosis(including TNM classification and stage), management/ treatment needs (past, present, and over the next 5 years), and prognosis (including the likelihood of recurrence and an estimated 5-year survival rate) <if appropriate consider adding: please include your opinion on whether the applicant is likely to require therapy with a biologic medication within next 5 years>

Thank you all in advance!!

deepaksisodia079

Star Member
May 3, 2017
NOC Code......
I think this is my last chance to make my father visit Canada and see his grandchild. Please help me.

My father is a multiple myeloma patient. He is applying for a super visa and we were asked to submit an oncology report. Fathers' doctors are not very sure about how detailed this report should be. They are telling us that multiple myeloma does not have stages. They are asking us what we need to write there.

Can anybody send me a sample of the oncology report that you submitted, and was sufficient? below is what the referral letter askes,

A medical report from an oncologist is required. The applicant is reported to have multiple myeloma. We require a report clarifying/ confirming the applicant's diagnosis(including TNM classification and stage), management/ treatment needs (past, present, and over the next 5 years), and prognosis (including the likelihood of recurrence and an estimated 5-year survival rate) <if appropriate consider adding: please include your opinion on whether the applicant is likely to require therapy with a biologic medication within next 5 years>

@Didzsam i am on the same boat, my father has multiple myeloma(2009) and he is stable since his bone marrow transplant in 2014 and taking oral medicine since then. Can you share your Oncology report and I can work with our oncologist to prepare something similar.

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019

Hi,

Are you going to the refereed doctor suggested by the panel physician or are you going with his treating doctor for the report?