+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa

Keerthi11`

Jul 11, 2022
Hello All,

I have applied super visa for my parents during May 2021. Biometrics and upfront medical exam done in May 2021. The status is in progress and they haven't requested anything so far, is there anyone applied on the same time and waiting? kindly let me know I am not sure exactly how long will it take to get the visa in hand.
my mat leave ends this September and our parental leave ends this year, so it would be really helpful if I could get my parents visa before December to get them anytime in case of any emergency.
Kindly advise!

Thank you!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I have applied super visa for my parents during May 2021. Biometrics and upfront medical exam done in May 2021. The status is in progress and they haven't requested anything so far, is there anyone applied on the same time and waiting? kindly let me know I am not sure exactly how long will it take to get the visa in hand.
my mat leave ends this September and our parental leave ends this year, so it would be really helpful if I could get my parents visa before December.
Kindly advise!

Thank you!
You need to reapply using the new system. Would warn you though that your parents can’t provide childcare when you go back to work. That is considered illegal work.

Kathy348

Aug 18, 2022
Hello All,

my mat leave ends this September and our parental leave ends this year, so it would be really helpful if I could get my parents visa before December.
Kindly advise!

Thank you!
We applied 14 April and we are still waiting...

Keerthi11`

Jul 11, 2022
You need to reapply using the new system. Would warn you though that your parents can’t provide childcare when you go back to work. That is considered illegal work.
Thank you and appreciate your reply! I'll have a look into the new system details., but waiting with the existing wont work?
also, my parents are not doing any childcare for me, I have already registered for my kids in the near by daycare and it got approved. They don't have any plan to visit now but what I meant was in case of any unexpected emergency it would be helpful. Hope you got what I mean. thank you!

Last edited:

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
What kind of activities are not considered to be “work”?

• unremunerated help by a friend or family member during a visit, such as a mother assisting a daughter with childcare, or an uncle helping his nephew build his own cottage:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/what-is-work.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What kind of activities are not considered to be “work”?

• unremunerated help by a friend or family member during a visit, such as a mother assisting a daughter with childcare, or an uncle helping his nephew build his own cottage:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/what-is-work.html
You may be misinterpreting the statement. First "assisting" with childcare is just helping out while the parent is there. Assisting is not for the parent to go to work and another family member to look after the child full-time. Also "unremunerated help by a friend or family member during a visit" again means for a visit (a day, a few hours) not full-time care. Full-time care is a paid position.