+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

Anz123

Feb 3, 2020
Hi,

I want information about a super visa for a parent. If a PR has just now found a full-time job in canada, how soon can he apply for a super visa for his parent. The Notice of Assessment for the last tax year will show him as unemployed but he has an employment letter from his company.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I want information about a super visa for a parent. If a PR has just now found a full-time job in canada, how soon can he apply for a super visa for his parent. The Notice of Assessment for the last tax year will show him as unemployed but he has an employment letter from his company.
All depends on how much you earn but you must have earned the LICO amount. Having a salary above the LICO amount is not the same.

Anz123

Feb 3, 2020
All depends on how much you earn but you must have earned the LICO amount. Having a salary above the LICO amount is not the same.
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "having a salary above the LICO amount is not the same"? The salary amount is above the LICO amount considering the number of family members. My question is that how long should the person wait before applying? The person is his first month of full-time employment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "having a salary above the LICO amount is not the same"? The salary amount is above the LICO amount considering the number of family members. My question is that how long should the person wait before applying? The person is his first month of full-time employment.
you need to have earned above the LICO amount in Canada. That is why most people don’t qualify for supervisa for around a year after their arrival.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The key word is EARNED The salary may be over the LICO amount, but you have not earned it. You won't have a NOA for 2020, till early 2021 after you file taxes for 2020. So as mentioned you got a year to earn that LICO amount
Anything could happen in a year, layoffs, hours cut which will affect the amount you will earn , which will or could change your NOA for the year, which could change if you've earned enough to meet the set amount

Anz123

Feb 3, 2020
The key word is EARNED The salary may be over the LICO amount, but you have not earned it. You won't have a NOA for 2020, till early 2021 after you file taxes for 2020. So as mentioned you got a year to earn that LICO amount
Anything could happen in a year, layoffs, hours cut which will affect the amount you will earn , which will or could change your NOA for the year, which could change if you've earned enough to meet the set amount
Ok thanks. Makes sense