+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

houstace

Jul 25, 2011
Hi All,

I need help, I am a permanent resident in Canada. I have just moved here three months ago and would like to sponsor my parents for a super visa. I was reading the requirements and it says that the parent or grandparent must provide a proof of financial support from the child or grand child. My salary is very little and does not fall in that category. However my parents can show proof that they can support themselves in Canada and are also supporting me while I am here. Can this and the evidence that they have property (ties) back home help them obtain the visa?
Please reply soon. The only reason they are applying for a visa is so that they can come to Canada at once if there is an emergency as I am a single parent here with two kids.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
houstace said:
My salary is very little and does not fall in that category. However my parents can show proof that they can support themselves in Canada and are also supporting me while I am here. Can this and the evidence that they have property (ties) back home help them obtain the visa?
No - this won't be accepted. To be approved for a super visa, you (the sponsor) must show that you make enough income to meet LICO (low income cut off). If you don't make sufficient income - it's going to be an automatic refusal. It doesn't matter what assets your parents have.

If you don't make sufficient income to meet LICO, then your parents can try applying for a regular visit visa.

abhay175

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23RD FEB
AOR Received.
7/3/12, Second Line added : 28/05/2012
Med's Request
09/10/12
Med's Done....
15/10/12, Medical received on 26/10/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/10/12, RPRF encashed on 20/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30/11/12.......Passport and COPR on 04/12/12
hi,
i m moving to canada in march end...as a permanent resident...my mother is a single parent...
how soon can i sponser her super visa. is it possible to do the same within 6 mnths if i have a proper income...
pls help...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhay175 said:
hi,
i m moving to canada in march end...as a permanent resident...my mother is a single parent...
how soon can i sponser her super visa. is it possible to do the same within 6 mnths if i have a proper income...
pls help...
Within 6 months followed your landing? I don't think so. She can apply for single or multiple visiting visa, though.

white_rose

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

I am planning to apply for super visa to my parents (who were refused in normal visit visa). My situation is I am on maternity Leave, and here I have some questions:
1- Is it possible that I apply and pay for them online? or they have to apply by themselves by going to the visa office?
2- As I am on maternity leave, is it better that the invitation would be sent from my husband who is currently working? ot it should be a letter only from child/grand child?
3-Do you think that it is better to apply to the father and the mother at the same time, or apply one by one?
4- I heard that they give the visa up to 10 years (as per the expiry date of the passport), but when the passport is expired then just need to add the visa on the renewed passport without the need to apply for the visa again (extend the visa up to 10 years without applying again).Is this true? I couldn't find information related to this in the website.
5- One of my parents has diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.. Does that effect of the medical test to get refused, hence refusing the visa?

Thanks in advance!

Joyanto

Mar 30, 2013
Hello adviser,

I am planning to apply for super visa to my mother (who was refused twice in normal visit visa). My situation is I am sitting with kid and i have no income for myself and here I have some questions:

- As I am not working , is it better that the invitation letter would be sent from my husband who is currently working? or it should be a letter only from child/grand child?

Please advise.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The invitation must be from you. You can include your husband as a co-sponsor so that his income can be included.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Joyanto said:
Hello adviser,

I am planning to apply for super visa to my mother (who was refused twice in normal visit visa). My situation is I am sitting with kid and i have no income for myself and here I have some questions:

- As I am not working , is it better that the invitation letter would be sent from my husband who is currently working? or it should be a letter only from child/grand child?

Please advise.
Thank you
I was in a similar situation where I am working but my wife isn't. She wanted to sponsor her mother for a super visa, and I wrote the invitation letter and provided proof of my income. It was accepted and the visa was issued earlier this week. Just make sure that you are clear in the cover letter and can provide some proof of your relationship to your spouse.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
All you guys who want to apply for SUPER VISAS for the parents ;

1 : You cannot apply before atleast 1 year have passed for you living in Canada and you can easily meet the LICO requirments.

2 : You or your spouse can sponsor but be clear in application that who (your or your spouse) will sponsor their living in Canada.

3 : You cannot pay online for the application,the parents will have to personaly goto the canadian embassy or consulate in their country and apply / pay the fees.

4 : Parents also need medical insurance for the time period they will stay in Canada and that will also be done by parents in their respective country.

*********** BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO APPLY FOR THE SUPER VISA FOR PARENTS ************

panchocabrera

Apr 5, 2013
Hi,my mother-in-law is granted a super visa and arrived in Canada last Dec.2, 2012 but the immigration officer did not indicate the maximum period that she could stay in Canada. In this case, how long is my mother-in-law could stay and do we need to renew her visa? I need help. Thanks

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
panchocabrera said:
Hi,my mother-in-law is granted a super visa and arrived in Canada last Dec.2, 2012 but the immigration officer did not indicate the maximum period that she could stay in Canada. In this case, how long is my mother-in-law could stay and do we need to renew her visa? I need help. Thanks
As per my knowledge, the visa is valid for 10 years and she can stay for upto 10 years in one go. meaning she can stay for upto 2 years continuously.

J-dee

Jul 4, 2012
hello Everyone.
I need your help on starting the application process for super visa.
after u meet all the requirements, what next? what forms should my parents fill up? in other words what sould the application package contain?

thanks a lot for your time looking forward to your help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

humsafar said:
As per my knowledge, the visa is valid for 10 years and she can stay for upto 10 years in one go. meaning she can stay for upto 2 years continuously.
Maximum is 2 years, if no date was placed on the passport under the stamp, then she was only admitted for 6 months (an error by IO) contact the call centre.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
rock_khan said:
All you guys who want to apply for SUPER VISAS for the parents ;

1 : You cannot apply before atleast 1 year have passed for you living in Canada and you can easily meet the LICO requirments.
That is not correct. I applied for the super visa for my MIL after residing in Canada for 4 months. I explained in my cover letter why I was unable to provide my T-4 and provided bank statements and a salary letter instead.