+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - Update

csharma1

Nov 16, 2016
Hi,

I have a quick question - I am a citizen of Canada and have my immediate family member (parents) who are residing in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have applied for their super visa in March, 2020 and their biometrics has been updated in the system. I have not received an update yet. I have seen the new link on the website (cic.gc.ca) regarding the COVID Travel - section (
What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa).

Considering I have not received an update so far, there is a mailbox that IRCC has asked to email with the requirements (to meet the exempt category etc) - couple of questions:-

1) Is there an "immediate travel requirement" once we email IRCC - Based on what I read they have said NOT to book tickets before getting a visa.
2) Should we be proving the trip is for an essential purpose or that is exempt for immediate family members who have citizens or PR in Canada? The thing is I want them to come and visit me due to the hardships being faced but am not sure on when.

Has anyone done this or if you could help me? Thanks!

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hello guy's, I have a quick question, What documents we can use for marriage certificate for my parents trv. \

My parents got married long back and they don't have marriage certificate, please guide me if anybody gone through the process. thank yu

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guy's, I have a quick question, What documents we can use for marriage certificate for my parents trv. \

My parents got married long back and they don't have marriage certificate, please guide me if anybody gone through the process. thank yu
You can make your parents marriage certificate anytime for back date . Just bring proof as your parents passport and they will make fir them with in couple of days . I just did my parents from india .