+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - unusual processing timings and events

tj_punjab

Jun 19, 2018
Hi,

I applied for Super visa in first week of december 2017.
My son is a P.R. of Canada and has a very strong profile as Senior Manager and runs his own business as well.
I lived in U.S. for 18 years and was working there on a work permit. I came back to India permanently in november 2016. I am 60 years old. During these 18 years: for the first 10-12 years, I was out of status and illegal status in U.S. As a married an American citizen afterwards, I was given a work permit with a yearly extention for the last 4-5 years. Paid my annual taxes and everything a citizen would do normally. But because of my initial 12 years of illegal stay in the U.S., I had a removal order on me, and it was enforced and I was sent back to India even though I was working legally on a work permit at the time of this removal order enforcement.
I have never commited any crime, or any offence in any country.
I was honest about everything in my Canada visa application.
After applying for Super visa in December 2017, I was asked to submit medical by the embassy in February 2018, which I did.
After almost 7 months of waiting, today I checked the tracking status and it says,"Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 19/06/2018 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website"
I called the VFS office in India, and got to know they have actually NOT couriered the Passport but have asked for additional documents mentioned in the courier. whereas it is just a standard terminology that they use passport in the status tracking online.

I am very confused on why it has been almost 7 months that I have applied for the visa, and it is still processing with a demand of additional information after so many months.

The courier is still in transit and is expected to be delivered at my home tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Hi,

I applied for Super visa in first week of december 2017.
My son is a P.R. of Canada and has a very strong profile as Senior Manager and runs his own business as well.
I lived in U.S. for 18 years and was working there on a work permit. I came back to India permanently in november 2016. I am 60 years old. During these 18 years: for the first 10-12 years, I was out of status and illegal status in U.S. As a married an American citizen afterwards, I was given a work permit with a yearly extention for the last 4-5 years. Paid my annual taxes and everything a citizen would do normally. But because of my initial 12 years of illegal stay in the U.S., I had a removal order on me, and it was enforced and I was sent back to India even though I was working legally on a work permit at the time of this removal order enforcement.
I have never commited any crime, or any offence in any country.
I was honest about everything in my Canada visa application.
After applying for Super visa in December 2017, I was asked to submit medical by the embassy in February 2018, which I did.
After almost 7 months of waiting, today I checked the tracking status and it says,"Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 19/06/2018 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website"
I called the VFS office in India, and got to know they have actually NOT couriered the Passport but have asked for additional documents mentioned in the courier. whereas it is just a standard terminology that they use passport in the status tracking online.

I am very confused on why it has been almost 7 months that I have applied for the visa, and it is still processing with a demand of additional information after so many months.

The courier is still in transit and is expected to be delivered at my home tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.
I don’t know why they need to get additional papers from you but for my mother it took 8 months to get her supervisa . While the regular timing is only 21 Days (normally ) but at last she was issued her visa , wait till tomorrow and see what’s their additional request. Good luck to you.