+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super VISA - Trip duration in invite letter (1 or 2 month is OKAY)?

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
Hello Experts!

Need suggestions on trip duration in super visa invite letter, Can I put 1 or 2 months as a trip period ?

Reason I am asking this because I am writing primary purpose as “Housewarming” then I am concerned how I can write trip duration as 8 or 9 months as suggested in other threads. If we look at invite letter from visa officers perspective then Housewarming ceremony at one end & 8 or 9 months stay length at other end looks pretty out of sync and inconsistent as well (my opinion).

Could anyone of you please advise what trip length/duration I should go with ? If 1 or 2 months with SUPER VISA then is it a fair ask? Or if 8 or 9 months then please advise what reason I can give in addition to Housewarming ceremony so that invite looks logical and consistent to VO.

NOTE - I can’t go ahead with Visitor visa as my father doesn’t have standardized job, hence I won’t be able to show the artifacts.

Thanks in advance!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts!

Need suggestions on trip duration in super visa invite letter, Can I put 1 or 2 months as a trip period ?

Reason I am asking this because I am writing primary purpose as “Housewarming” then I am concerned how I can write trip duration as 8 or 9 months as suggested in other threads. If we look at invite letter from visa officers perspective then Housewarming ceremony at one end & 8 or 9 months stay length at other end looks pretty out of sync and inconsistent as well (my opinion).

Could anyone of you please advise what trip length/duration I should go with ? If 1 or 2 months with SUPER VISA then is it a fair ask? Or if 8 or 9 months then please advise what reason I can give in addition to Housewarming ceremony so that invite looks logical and consistent to VO.

NOTE - I can’t go ahead with Visitor visa as my father doesn’t have standardized job, hence I won’t be able to show the artifacts.

Thanks in advance!
Despite my wife's uncle being retired and unemployed, he got (single-entry) visitor visa many years ago. So not sure why you can't do the same?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Experts!

Thanks in advance!
Housewarming is not a good reason for a visit in general and there would not be a need to visit for 2 months for a housewarming. Would suggest saying that parent(s) want to spend time with child and their family in Canada plus visit their new home in Canada. In order to be considered for a supervisa you need to select a visit of over 6 months when filling out the TRV supevisa. Would be honest about the length of time you want them to visit unless you’d be happy if they only could visit for 1-2 months and get granted a normal TRV and not a supervisa.

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
Housewarming is not a good reason for a visit in general and there would not be a need to visit for 2 months for a housewarming. Would suggest saying that parent(s) want to spend time with child and their family in Canada plus visit their new home in Canada. In order to be considered for a supervisa you need to select a visit of over 6 months when filling out the TRV supevisa. Would be honest about the length of time you want them to visit unless you’d be happy if they only could visit for 1-2 months and get granted a normal TRV and not a supervisa.
Thank you so much for the detailed input !

Based on your experience or looking at my condition do you think that they will get the normal TRV ? If they get the same I guess I will be okay with that too, though I understood your point and would be okay with modifying stay duration in invitation letter and make it more than 6 months like 7 months or so. But I am worried they won’t look at it and interpret that they won’t leave as they haven’t provided any job related documents by looking at 7 months duration of stay.

Also, I have seen from various threads/posts it’s mandatory to have medical insurance paid in full for 12 months. Is it still true?

Appreciate your help

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
Despite my wife's uncle being retired and unemployed, he got (single-entry) visitor visa many years ago. So not sure why you can't do the same?
Thank you for your response!

Could you please advise what other documents he provided at the time of visitor visa application?

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
I did not invite him, so no idea. He probably had a lot of savings to show them.
yeah, as what I understood recently (may be not 100 true) that TRV evaluation mainly based on Applicants strength. However Super Visa TRV evaluation mainly based on inviters strength!