+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa to My Parent in Syria and chance (possibility) of getting

nyounaki

Sep 3, 2011
HI There ,
I would appreciate if you have any information for below:
Did someone has some information about the chance to get Super Visa for parents in SYRIA . I am in Canada holding permanent residence and would like to apply Super Visa to my parents to visit me , but I am afraid for parents who is residing in SYRIA will be very difficult now -or impossible - to get the super visa for SYRIAN because of current situation of the country .Specially they mentioned in their official document that they will consider :
"......the overall economic and political stability of the home country.. "
I would highly appreciate if anyone have experienced same case or have any clarification , any information would be appreciated .
Thanks

Nora_sh1

May 31, 2012
Damascus
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-- Now Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-4-2010
File Transfer...
21-2-2012
Med's Request
15-5-2013
Med's Done....
23-5-2013
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
27-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
I know your post is old, but i'm gonna answer it anyway!

My sister came here to Damascus, before the closure of the embassy, and provided all the documents (income, taxes..) and applied for my Mom for the Super Visa...it was super easy...My mom made all the medical exams they asked for, and before their response...My sister went back to Canada and bought a health insurance (it's the most important thing ) .
So when My mother had to go their to give the embassy some papers..she handed the health insurance .. so they simply stamped her Passport with a visitor visa!

Good luck

P.S Now you have to apply via Amman's office, and don't forget the invitation letter!

David Benz

May 18, 2012
Thank you a lot Nora!
I'd like to know what is the insurance company you went with?
and I'm PR here shall I just apply online or will i need a lawyer to help me with the application?

thank you very much

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you need insurance you can contract me directly or visit my website www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca
I am a broker with seven insurance companies for super visa medical insurance

I have dealt with clients from Iraq, Syria, Iran etc...

You are correct there is more scrutiny due to the political instability in the country but that does not mean you should be discouraged.

Good Luck

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Found this thread via a google search. Anyone else have luck with their Syrian parents getting a supervisa? What about dependent adult siblings? I'm losing hope my inlaws will ever have the chance to come :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Found this thread via a google search. Anyone else have luck with their Syrian parents getting a supervisa? What about dependent adult siblings? I'm losing hope my inlaws will ever have the chance to come :(
This thread is nearly 6 years old. Not much chance of someone replying. You may want to start a new thread.

BTW dependent children (adult or minor) cannot be included in a super visa application

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
I found your post via Google search also lol! I'm waiting for a decision for my Syrian parents' super visa (since March) and wondering if your inlaws got the visa? How long did the process take? Any info will be helpful ! Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I found your post via Google search also lol! I'm waiting for a decision for my Syrian parents' super visa (since March) and wondering if your inlaws got the visa? How long did the process take? Any info will be helpful ! Thank you
Things have changed a lot. You can’t compare applications from 2012.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hi. We haven't applied for anything yet as the situation is complicated by my inlaws having an adult daughter living with them and so they would not want to leave her alone in Syria to come to Canada. Either we can find a way for her to come with them or not. This is so sad. She is over 30, healthy, but not married or working and so completely dependent upon them for subsistence and they depend on her for help. All of the other siblings are living in other countries, sending money back as well of course. :( such a sad situation. My husband's grandfather already passed away without him being able to visit and at the moment we have no way of seeing his parents..... :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. We haven't applied for anything yet as the situation is complicated by my inlaws having an adult daughter living with them and so they would not want to leave her alone in Syria to come to Canada. Either we can find a way for her to come with them or not. This is so sad. She is over 30, healthy, but not married or working and so completely dependent upon them for subsistence and they depend on her for help. All of the other siblings are living in other countries, sending money back as well of course. :( such a sad situation. My husband's grandfather already passed away without him being able to visit and at the moment we have no way of seeing his parents..... :(
Unless she qualifies to immigrate on her own or someone privately Sponsors her for asylum (if she qualifies) it is unlikely she will get any type of temporary visa.

Reactions: chilkootcee

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
This is so sad to hear.. I hope you find a solution and can reunite soon

mahmoud.jab

Feb 23, 2021
This is so sad to hear.. I hope you find a solution and can reunite soon
Hello Lljm, did you end up applying for a Super Visa for your parents ? could you share details and timeline?
I applied for my parent end of Jan and we're still pending (in progress) - did your parent end up coming to Canada?

Thanks

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Any update