+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa timeline - Manila, Philippines

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
Hello everyone! Can anybody who applied for super visa for their parents/grandparents share their own timeline here? It will be much appreciated. My in-laws got their documents picked up by a courier of Canadian Embassy in Manila yesterday. We do hope and pray that everything goes well with their application and no hassles at all. ;)

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
onj2012 said:
Hello everyone! Can anybody who applied for super visa for their parents/grandparents share their own timeline here? It will be much appreciated. My in-laws got their documents picked up by a courier of Canadian Embassy in Manila yesterday. We do hope and pray that everything goes well with their application and no hassles at all. ;)
we're planning to submit my grandma's application next week, keep us posted..best of luck for us :) godspeed

mhersol

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Hello everyone.

I am planning for my mom to apply for a supervisa.
But for now, only my husband is working co'z I am still taking up some courses at the University for me to have a Professional Teaching Certificate here in Winnipeg. We have 3 kids. My eldest is 9 y/o and the youngest is 1 1/2 y/o.
My mom just retired from DepEd.
Do you think she will be given a supervisa since I am not working?
I read that aside from letter of invitation, I should meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO), and for family w/ 5 ,members like me, the minimum necessary income is $47,710.
Do I still need to meet this eventhough my mom has sufficient fund to visit us here?
Please let me know....
Thanks in advance for your replies.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhersol said:
Hello everyone.

I am planning for my mom to apply for a supervisa.
But for now, only my husband is working co'z I am still taking up some courses at the University for me to have a Professional Teaching Certificate here in Winnipeg. We have 3 kids. My eldest is 9 y/o and the youngest is 1 1/2 y/o.
My mom just retired from DepEd.
Do you think she will be given a supervisa since I am not working?
I read that aside from letter of invitation, I should meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO), and for family w/ 5 ,members like me, the minimum necessary income is $47,710.
Do I still need to meet this eventhough my mom has sufficient fund to visit us here?
Please let me know....
Thanks in advance for your replies.

hi, they are very strict on requirements..and yes your total income is important as they will have a basis how you will support your mother. under the super visa, paid medical insurance and the invitation letter as well as the income are the most important.. if your mom has a sufficient funds to show then she can apply as a normal tourist visa..super visa is for parents and grandparents, and the family in canada is the one who will support them..best of luck to all of us...read all the necessary requirements, I might be wrong.. but as far as I know those are the most important one..

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
Just wanna share my in-laws timeline in Manila:

March 3rd - Documents Picked up by courier
March 13th - Letter for Medical Requisition Received
March 15th - Medical Done

Hopefully, things work out with no hassles and they can join us here with their newest grandson soon.

We wish everyone the very best on their applications :)

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
onj2012 said:

Hopefully, things work out with no hassles and they can join us here with their newest grandson soon.

goodluck :) hope all things will turn out well

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
onj2012 said:

any updates??