+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa stamping from a different country than the applied one

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,
I had applied online for a super visa for my mother (Indian passport holder). At the time of the application she was in India.
Since my father passed away, my sibling who resides in UAE took her along and currently she is in UAE on a visitor visa as she was alone.
Today she received the passport request for stamping. But it is not possible for her to go back to India to submit her passport for stamping in India.
Can she submit the passport in UAE to get the super visa stamped and will she have to get another stamping request letter from IRCC to be able to submit the passport for stamping in UAE?
Anyone who had a similar situation please share your experience.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I had applied online for a super visa for my mother (Indian passport holder). At the time of the application she was in India.
Since my father passed away, my sibling who resides in UAE took her along and currently she is in UAE on a visitor visa as she was alone.
Today she received the passport request for stamping. But it is not possible for her to go back to India to submit her passport for stamping in India.
Can she submit the passport in UAE to get the super visa stamped and will she have to get another stamping request letter from IRCC to be able to submit the passport for stamping in UAE?
Anyone who had a similar situation please share your experience.

Thanks
Yes she can request passport stamping in another country. If your mother has not indicated that your father has passed she should include that information in the webform as well. Your mother remains a visitor so she will need to return to India or UAE at a certain point.

Reactions: s23srinivas

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Yes she can request passport stamping in another country. If your mother has not indicated that your father has passed she should include that information in the webform as well. Your mother remains a visitor so she will need to return to India or UAE at a certain point.
Thanks for your reply. The family information of her application already has my father as deceased.
So if my understanding is correct, below is the sequence to be followed:
  1. Send a Webform to request passport stamping from another country, in this case UAE.
  2. Wait for reply with a new request letter from IRCC asking her to submit the passport for stamping (assuming IRCC permits her case)
  3. Submit passport at UAE for stamping and receive back the stamped passport in few days/weeks.
Please correct if I misunderstood anything from your reply above.

sp19

Mar 10, 2023
Thanks for your reply. The family information of her application already has my father as deceased.
So if my understanding is correct, below is the sequence to be followed:
  1. Send a Webform to request passport stamping from another country, in this case UAE.
  2. Wait for reply with a new request letter from IRCC asking her to submit the passport for stamping (assuming IRCC permits her case)
  3. Submit passport at UAE for stamping and receive back the stamped passport in few days/weeks.
Please correct if I misunderstood anything from your reply above.
Hi,

Can you pls update on the process you followed to get the super visa stamping from UAE?

thanks.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,

Can you pls update on the process you followed to get the super visa stamping from UAE?

thanks.
I directly submitted the passport with the original letter at UAE and got the visa stamped within 2 days then.
Please check the turn around time nowadays.

Reactions: vkamath