+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa-review medical information

rowling

Jun 11, 2015
Hi everyone,

I applied for my mother-in-law's super visa on April 20th, online. And it's been almost two month, no medical request yet. The CIC status says "review medical informaion-in process". What does this mean? She hasn't gone through medical yet, so what are they reviewing?

Also, does anyone know the average processing time for super visa online application now? I checked the visa office in China and their processing time for TRV is 15 days. I'm not sure whether that applies to super visa online application though.

Thank you very much!

rowling

Jun 11, 2015
She applied for TRV last yeat and was refused. We became PR this year and she applied for super visa. Will this previous refusal affect her application and cause the delay?

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refusal of visitor visa should not have any adverse effect on super visa. Super visa has its own assessment criteria.

rowling said:
She applied for TRV last yeat and was refused. We became PR this year and she applied for super visa. Will this previous refusal affect her application and cause the delay?

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strange? can you communicate in online system(sorry I submitted paper application so unaware of online system) , to ask them about this medical status they are showing, have you checked your spam folder for medical request.
rowling said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for my mother-in-law's super visa on April 20th, online. And it's been almost two month, no medical request yet. The CIC status says "review medical informaion-in process". What does this mean? She hasn't gone through medical yet, so what are they reviewing?

Also, does anyone know the average processing time for super visa online application now? I checked the visa office in China and their processing time for TRV is 15 days. I'm not sure whether that applies to super visa online application though.

Thank you very much!

rowling

Jun 11, 2015
nehamerchant said:
Strange? can you communicate in online system(sorry I submitted paper application so unaware of online system) , to ask them about this medical status they are showing, have you checked your spam folder for medical request.
Thank you for your reply. I made a case-specific enquiry online and it said "reply within 30 days"....Guess the only thing I can do is waiting...

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rowling said:
Thank you for your reply. I made a case-specific enquiry online and it said "reply within 30 days"....Guess the only thing I can do is waiting...
Yes you did the right thing. case specific inquiry is only last place to get any information.

JESUS2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Nehamerchant

My mom got supervisa...I am sooooo happy...thanks for ur suggestions and help...I strongly believe the miracle happened..because I did not provide the last year T4 as u know...Jesus only helped me in this tough situation...Thank god!!!!!!

Her time line:

Applied online : May 18th 2015 (medicals upfront)
Super visa medical insurance request : June 2nd ( we had already uploaded with the application but may be they did not see it,I guess)
Submitted medical insurance online : June 3rd
Passport request : June 4th
Passport submitted in person at Bangalore VFS : June 8th
Passport received with visa stamped : June 13th ( till the expiry of passport 2023) ;D

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@JESUS2014 congrats, u r 100% right, miracles do happen and nothing happens without will of God. Look at me, I submitted a water tight case, every thing went like bullet and my mother got medical request immediately but she got furtherance request (further medical) which is freaking me as I read on these forums that they may even ask for TB tests and repeat x rays etc sort of things. so :)
JESUS2014 said:
Hi Nehamerchant

My mom got supervisa...I am sooooo happy...thanks for ur suggestions and help...I strongly believe the miracle happened..because I did not provide the last year T4 as u know...Jesus only helped me in this tough situation...Thank god!!!!!!

Her time line:

Applied online : May 18th 2015 (medicals upfront)
Super visa medical insurance request : June 2nd ( we had already uploaded with the application but may be they did not see it,I guess)
Submitted medical insurance online : June 3rd
Passport request : June 4th
Passport submitted in person at Bangalore VFS : June 8th
Passport received with visa stamped : June 13th ( till the expiry of passport 2023) ;D

JESUS2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Nehamerchant..

Thanks for the reply....don't worry abt anything...everything will be alright in ur case...I will pray for u

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ nehamerchant

I'm not sure how true this is medically..... I distinctly remember being told about it though..... did your mom have pneumonia or any lung infection at any point in her life, even in her childhood? If so, then it is possible that it could have left indications/"scars" on the lungs..... and hence, TB and X-rays tests are done to reconfirm that the "scars" were not caused by the tuberculosis bacteria

Also (if I'm not mistaken) the TB test is a simple skin patch test on the forearm..... where something is injected and left for 48 hours(?) to check if the patch size increases/becomes red

You may want to proactively do these tests on your own.... prior to doing the CIC requested tests.... just to reconfirm that everything's fine

Don't worry :)

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Bryanna hi there, so nice of you for lessening my stress, the email that we received ask for furtherance but mentions nothing for what. Is furtherance only for TB tests or it may be for any other problem as well. (my mother is in Pakistan) Shall we wait for appointment or get done patch test proactively. Thanks for your time. God bless you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Neha,

You're welcome :)

You're right.... medical furtherance could be for anything where a second medical opinion is required.... for eg: TB, urinalysis (to test for diabetes/kidney problems, etc)

Maybe you could run the entire tests done for the Super Visa medicals by an external diagnostic clinic.... and check if there's anything to be concerned about.... or you could wait until CIC gets in touch with you.

You may do the skin patch test + chest x-rays proactively if you prefer .... it's a simple test of just waiting and watching whether the little area (injected) on the forearm increases or not

Do check Page 20 of this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Don't worry.... it could just turn out to be a false alarm and nothing to worry about

rowling

Jun 11, 2015
Just to head up, my mother-in-law got her medical request yesterday. After 22 days of "reviewing your medical information", CIC finally found out that they didn't have her medical information.

Don't know whether my case-specific enquiry did anything about this. But anyway, things are going forward. Thank you everyone! Hope her medical goes fine.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
rowling said:
Just to head up, my mother-in-law got her medical request yesterday. After 22 days of "reviewing your medical information", CIC finally found out that they didn't have her medical information.

Don't know whether my case-specific enquiry did anything about this. But anyway, things are going forward. Thank you everyone! Hope her medical goes fine.
They did the same with my father in laws application. We had to do case specific inquiry to get them to process our application.

rowling

Jun 11, 2015
htayyab said:
They did the same with my father in laws application. We had to do case specific inquiry to get them to process our application.

How long did your father in law get passport request after medical? I'm wondering whether I need to do another case specific inquiry to push that...