+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa related questions - help required!

skap27

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I have few questions related to super visa application for my parent. Please help:

This is the document checklist :
1. IMM5257
2. Passport (required)
3. Invitation letter (required)
4. T4 or T1
5. Medical insurance coverage
6. Digital Photo
7. Notice of assesment
8. Purpose of travel
9. Medical upfornt
10. Proof of relationship
11. Family information IMM5645
12. Inviter's employment letter

Questions are:
1. Which section I should upload my parent financial details ( bank letter, PF etc )to prove the ties with home country? Should it be with invitation letter or Purpose of travel or both ?
2. How Invitation letter is different from a written and signed promise of your financial support for your parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada? For written promise do I have to print an extra letter and sign and scan. I have to add it to invitation letter ?

thanks in advance.

Reactions: VisaInitiated

VisaInitiated

Jul 28, 2021
Hi Friends,

I have few questions related to super visa application for my parent. Please help:

This is the document checklist :
1. IMM5257
2. Passport (required)
3. Invitation letter (required)
4. T4 or T1
5. Medical insurance coverage
6. Digital Photo
7. Notice of assesment
8. Purpose of travel
9. Medical upfornt
10. Proof of relationship
11. Family information IMM5645
12. Inviter's employment letter

Questions are:
1. Which section I should upload my parent financial details ( bank letter, PF etc )to prove the ties with home country? Should it be with invitation letter or Purpose of travel or both ?
2. How Invitation letter is different from a written and signed promise of your financial support for your parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada? For written promise do I have to print an extra letter and sign and scan. I have to add it to invitation letter ?

thanks in advance.
I have same question, all the field u mentioned are required for me though. Can anyone confirm please ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where does it say you must write a separate financial support letter?

skap27

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where does it say you must write a separate financial support letter?
I asked point two because on IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html) it is mentioned that we need to sign so I was not sure if we need to print a separate letter and sign. now, if it is not different from invitation letter then do we need to print and sign invitation letter ?

This is mentioned on site:

For the parent and grandparent super visa only, you must also provide:

• a written and signed promise of your financial support for your parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada, and

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I asked point two because on IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html) it is mentioned that we need to sign so I was not sure if we need to print a separate letter and sign. now, if it is not different from invitation letter then do we need to print and sign invitation letter ?

This is mentioned on site:

For the parent and grandparent super visa only, you must also provide:

• a written and signed promise of your financial support for your parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada, and
It doesn't say you need a separate letter to show your financial support. I am thinking a separate paragraph in the invitation letter that explains your financial support should be suffice. Furthermoere, it says Some visa offices may ask that a notary public notarize your letter.- so you have to ask them if you need a notary public to notarize your letter (instead of ask the general public in a public forum.

Reactions: skap27

skap27

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't say you need a separate letter to show your financial support. I am thinking a separate paragraph in the invitation letter that explains your financial support should be suffice. Furthermoere, it says Some visa offices may ask that a notary public notarize your letter.- so you have to ask them if you need a notary public to notarize your letter (instead of ask the general public in a public forum.
Thanks for the reply.

can u also confirm -
1. if my parent need to print and sign IM5257e or they just type name and date in pdf and validate, before upload ?
I think form imm5645e needs to be printed and signed but IM5257e only require typed name.

2. my parent's financial details should be added to purpose of travel document or only with letter of explanation (client information section) or both.

3. what should go in purpose of travel document apart from letter from my parent stating that they want to visit and spend time with me as its been long we have not met for consideration period and will visit tourist places etc. ? - I read that travel tickets are not required for super visa.

4. can they state that they want visit for 9 months and provide tentative planned date in purpose of travel ? is there something wrong with 8- to 9 month long duration for super visa ?

skap27

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply.

can u also confirm -
1. if my parent need to print and sign IM5257e or they just type name and date in pdf and validate, before upload ?
I think form imm5645e needs to be printed and signed but IM5257e only require typed name.

2. my parent's financial details should be added to purpose of travel document or only with letter of explanation (client information section) or both.

3. what should go in purpose of travel document apart from letter from my parent stating that they want to visit and spend time with me as its been long we have not met for consideration period and will visit tourist places etc. ? - I read that travel tickets are not required for super visa.

4. can they state that they want visit for 9 months and provide tentative planned date in purpose of travel ? is there something wrong with 8- to 9 month long duration for super visa ?
@steaky - can u help please ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply.

can u also confirm -

2) Where does it say you need a letter of explanation? Isn't purpose to travel document = letter of invitation?

3) Letter of invitation

4) They indicate how long they want to stay (up to 2 years) in the application form.

skap27

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2) Where does it say you need a letter of explanation? Isn't purpose to travel document = letter of invitation?

3) Letter of invitation

4) They indicate how long they want to stay (up to 2 years) in the application form.

There are different answers across the forum.
I understood - Invitation letter is from me (sponsor) inviting the person (with my family details etc. and invitee details like dob and passport etc.)
and purpose of travel is something from the person travelling ( invitee) showing details like travel tickets, medical appointments and bookings etc. and it can include plan from applicant as mentioned on:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/eligibility-admissibility-considerations.html

Now, where can applicant add details to prove the ties with home country ( like financial details, assets) then ?
should it be added to invitation letter also ?

Torque

Jan 13, 2017
NOC Code......
Supervisa application : Letter on biometric validity.
Hello, in our supervisa application we just got a notification that biometric is valid, which was submitted long time back for tourist visa. We got it for one profile only not for both. Medical was passed two months back. Any idea why this biometric valid notification letter is issued? Does it indicate that passport request will be issued shortly?

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hey all ,

In the imm5645e document, if the person is deceased , can we keep the martial status as married as the person was married ?

With the digital form, there is no way to mention N/A or Not Applicable as per CIC form.

Also, if the dates are not know - For instance Date of Birth of siblings / Date of Death - How should it be added ?

- On the dropdown
- On the address field ( which says to mention DECEASED, CITY/TOWN COUNTRY, DATE OF DEATH|

@Torque @steaky @SKap26

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all ,

In the imm5645e document, if the person is deceased , can we keep the martial status as married as the person was married ?

With the digital form, there is no way to mention N/A or Not Applicable as per CIC form.

Also, if the dates are not know - For instance Date of Birth of siblings / Date of Death - How should it be added ?

- On the dropdown
- On the address field ( which says to mention DECEASED, CITY/TOWN COUNTRY, DATE OF DEATH|

@Torque @steaky @SKap26
Usually widowed is an option. If a spouse is dead you aren’t married anymore.

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Usually widowed is an option. If a spouse is dead you aren’t married anymore.
@canuck78 Thanks a lot for the response.
  • The reason is both my mom's mother and father is no more. In this scenario, we should mention widowed as martial status for both right ? Anyways in the present address field - i'm mentioning the "DECEASED" part.

• What about the dates ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
  • The reason is both my mom's mother and father is no more. In this scenario, we should mention widowed as martial status for both right ? Anyways in the present address field - i'm mentioning the "DECEASED" part.

• What about the dates ?
Not sure what the options are. Is there an N/A or deceased option?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

• What about the dates ?
1) Put deceased, if this is an option
2) Do you know their year of death? Otherwise, is the an unknown option?