+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa Rejected for Self Employed Applicant -Doubt

nishatmohamedfami

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hi all...Today I received rejection letter for my father's super visa. The rejection reason was based on the documents submitted I don't meet the income requirement .I am a self employed IT Consultant earning $93k annually (Gross Salary).I have submitted my pay slips, offer letter and bank statements showing the same .However my Net Income was below the cutoff required $51K as expenses were accounted for .I was told that IRCC looks at the Gros income and not Net Income .My Immigration agent was inexperienced with applying super visa for self employed applicants and I could sense his confusion at the time of applying .I have given him all the docs NOA and Income statement for my incorporation ,but still was not able to convince the Visa Officer about the Income requirements. What should I do in this case.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all...Today I received rejection letter for my father's super visa. The rejection reason was based on the documents submitted I don't meet the income requirement .I am a self employed IT Consultant earning $93k annually (Gross Salary).I have submitted my pay slips, offer letter and bank statements showing the same .However my Net Income was below the cutoff required $51K as expenses were accounted for .I was told that IRCC looks at the Gros income and not Net Income .My Immigration agent was inexperienced with applying super visa for self employed applicants and I could sense his confusion at the time of applying .I have given him all the docs NOA and Income statement for my incorporation ,but still was not able to convince the Visa Officer about the Income requirements. What should I do in this case.
Does your NOA meet LICO for the number of people in your family including your father?

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is always an issue for the self-employed. People try to minimize their income for tax purposes but then that usually disqualifies them for supervisa and PGP. They need to see your personal salary not how much money you have in your business. You need to pay yourself more to qualify for Supervisa or PGP.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You were correctly refused. Have your parents apply for a TRV.

IRCC looks at gross taxable income before taxes. For self-employed individuals, that gross taxable calculation is obviously minus expenses. So you were correctly refused. Your income is insufficient for a super visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to make this super clear:

Your gross income before expenses = $93K
Your gross TAXABLE income (minus expenses) = $?K <---this is what is used for LICO
Your net income = this is your gross taxable income minus taxes

The second (gross TAXABLE) is what is used to determine if you meet LICO.

So again, you were correctly refused. The issue is not your immigration agent. The issue is that you don't meet LICO and don't meet the criteria as a super visa sponsor.

nishatmohamedfami

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
This is always an issue for the self-employed. People try to minimize their income for tax purposes but then that usually disqualifies them for supervisa and PGP. They need to see your personal salary not how much money you have in your business. You need to pay yourself more to qualify for Supervisa or PGP.
Thanks a lot for clarifying this...i understand the mistake ...is there a way i can redo my taxes for the last year...and get it through