+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa rejected for insurance -- pls help! Thx!

aiseatu

Nov 29, 2023
Hello all, I'm running into a very frustrating situation with my parents' super visa -- any suggestion is appreciated!

Applied for super visa for my parents in Oct (2023), submitted everything as required and got refusal just now (Nov 2023). Reason for refusal was "Medical insurance purchased must show it covers the applicant to health care, hospitalization and repatriation. Please reapply with full policy details"
I purchased Manulife coverme insurance for super visa (their website even stated that it is suitable for super visa) from Sept 2024 -Sept 2025 as the planned entry date is Sept 2024. We submitted the insurance confirmation of coverage that clearly stated the coverage amount, payment info (paid in full), policy number&details. I cannot make sense of the refusal letter given that we have provided the proper insurance proof. One more detail: My parents did their medical exam just a week ago and their medical results are not shown in the portal yet even after the refusal letter. (sounds to me this could be some kind of mistake?)

Any advice for my situation? We are thinking about applying for reconsideration (although not very hopeful for the result) and reapply. What bothers me is that I don't know what we could do differently even if we reapply, since I have no idea what needs to be "improved". Greatly appreciate your suggestions!

Reactions: Toyalecia

Toyalecia

Dec 21, 2023
Hello all, I'm running into a very frustrating situation with my parents' super visa -- any suggestion is appreciated!

Applied for super visa for my parents in Oct (2023), submitted everything as required and got refusal just now (Nov 2023). Reason for refusal was "Medical insurance purchased must show it covers the applicant to health care, hospitalization and repatriation. Please reapply with full policy details"
I purchased Manulife coverme insurance for super visa (their website even stated that it is suitable for super visa) from Sept 2024 -Sept 2025 as the planned entry date is Sept 2024. We submitted the insurance confirmation of coverage that clearly stated the coverage amount, payment info (paid in full), policy number&details. I cannot make sense of the refusal letter given that we have provided the proper insurance proof. One more detail: My parents did their medical exam just a week ago and their medical results are not shown in the portal yet even after the refusal letter. (sounds to me this could be some kind of mistake?)

Any advice for my situation? We are thinking about applying for reconsideration (although not very hopeful for the result) and reapply. What bothers me is that I don't know what we could do differently even if we reapply, since I have no idea what needs to be "improved". Greatly appreciate your suggestions!
Hi, did you find out the answer to your question? Did you get updated insurance document with additional details? Have you reapplied?

aiseatu

Nov 29, 2023
Hi, did you find out the answer to your question? Did you get updated insurance document with additional details? Have you reapplied?
Not yet:confused:. Honestly there's no updated insurance document I can provide -- even insurance company (Manulife) told me the coverage confirmation is all I can get and enough to prove that I've purchased the right thing (like it literally says super visa on the insurance proof). I submitted reconsideration via webform weeks ago but no response yet.
oh, and one more thing, the medical results showed up a week after the rejection letter (they both passed), which makes me wonder if this is just a mistake. like how did they reject application before even receiving medicals? Anyway, will probably need to reapply and cross my fingers.

Toyalecia

Dec 21, 2023
Not yet:confused:. Honestly there's no updated insurance document I can provide -- even insurance company (Manulife) told me the coverage confirmation is all I can get and enough to prove that I've purchased the right thing (like it literally says super visa on the insurance proof). I submitted reconsideration via webform weeks ago but no response yet.
oh, and one more thing, the medical results showed up a week after the rejection letter (they both passed), which makes me wonder if this is just a mistake. like how did they reject application before even receiving medicals? Anyway, will probably need to reapply and cross my fingers.
Maybe try getting a letter from the insurance company confirming the coverage details (key features and benefits) under the policy. Also try requesting a policy manual. The manual should have details on what is covered.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Typically you need to purchase a full year policy without specified dates. You could have purchased a policy starting in September but then arrive earlier. Once approved for the supervisa and booked travel then I would initiate the start date for the one year policy with Manulife supervisa insurance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Could you attach what policy you purchased?

aiseatu

Nov 29, 2023
Could you attach what policy you purchased?
The policy required start & end date before purchase (I just googled Manulife super visa insurance and I think it's just the typical one) It is also the same insurance I have purchased before for my partner's parents super visa.
I have heard back from webform and super visa is now approved -- I think the insurance is fine, just an overlook from the VO side.

aiseatu

Nov 29, 2023
Maybe try getting a letter from the insurance company confirming the coverage details (key features and benefits) under the policy. Also try requesting a policy manual. The manual should have details on what is covered.
Yeah I sent some additional policy details via webform and now the visa is approved

aiseatu

Nov 29, 2023

Don't see a way to edit the original post, but will update here:
I've sent a webform to ask for reconsideration. along with the form I sent over policy details I found on Manulife's website. After about 3 weeks both super visa got approved.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Don't see a way to edit the original post, but will update here:
I've sent a webform to ask for reconsideration. along with the form I sent over policy details I found on Manulife's website. After about 3 weeks both super visa got approved.
Can you send what details you sent to IRCC with respect to the medical insurance, we are in the same situation and also purchased manulife supervisa insurance. I believe you have to put in the dates, you cannot purchase the policy without dates, you can easily switch the dates with manulife by calling them.

aiseatu

Nov 29, 2023
Can you send what details you sent to IRCC with respect to the medical insurance, we are in the same situation and also purchased manulife supervisa insurance. I believe you have to put in the dates, you cannot purchase the policy without dates, you can easily switch the dates with manulife by calling them.
Yes the policy has to have dates.
For the record, I don't see any of the details I sent over being useful or necessary (as my partner only submitted the policy itself and her folks' super visa got approved just fine)
but here it is:
- I emailed the manulife insurance customer service asking for details, they replied that there's no additional materials they can send me but reassured the insurance is enough to cover everything. I took screenshots of emails and sent it to IRCC.
- in this link https://www.manulife-travel.ca/content/cm-travel/en-ca/sisip/home/visitors-to-canada/emergency-medical.html there's some statements of covered items. also took screenshots and attached it.

hope this helps.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Yes the policy has to have dates.
For the record, I don't see any of the details I sent over being useful or necessary (as my partner only submitted the policy itself and her folks' super visa got approved just fine)
but here it is:
- I emailed the manulife insurance customer service asking for details, they replied that there's no additional materials they can send me but reassured the insurance is enough to cover everything. I took screenshots of emails and sent it to IRCC.
- in this link https://www.manulife-travel.ca/content/cm-travel/en-ca/sisip/home/visitors-to-canada/emergency-medical.html there's some statements of covered items. also took screenshots and attached it.

hope this helps.
Thank you!