+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Refused- Strong Ties in Canada

Able

Mar 7, 2014
Dear Seniors- My mothers Super visa got refused today and earlier she was refused visit visa also. Main reasons for rejection are strong ties in Canada as my brother and I both are in Canada. She has a good bankbalance but property transfer in her name is in process right now so I didnot attach any property documents this time.

Going forward,I am thinking of applying for GMCA notes first and from there I will move forward by getting property documents and also my brother is going back to Pakistan in few months and so that will probably address their concerns for strong ties. Also, my mother looks after a downsyndrome child voluntarily and so do you think that will also show her ties with backhome and helps ppl with matrimonial matters on volunteer basis. Previously, i have always shown her Home-maker but this time if I mention all this...will it be positive or not?

From your experiences, pls. share the best of your knowledge to address the Strong ties concern...Also, pls. have a look at the steps I am planning to take and advise I will really appreciate that.

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hi there,

My mother just got a 5-year visa from the Philippines..

She doesn't have property, she doesn't have a job but I made sure I provided everything she needed for her application..

She is 62 years old and retired..

Start with the reason why you invited her here.. I put in my invitation that my mother is here for my wedding and I wanna show her Canada which is my home for the last 5 years.. I also made sure that I mentioned, she's gonna leave the country after her visit and she doesn't like cold weather especially Philippines is very hot.. I invited my mom during Spring/Summer season here..

-I submitted my supporting documents T4, bank account showing my assets and liabilities including my house, my wedding invitation and a letter from my property management in the Philippines showing that my mom is in-charge of my property there that's why she needs to be back..

Able

Mar 7, 2014
Thanks Kelly for your response...actually I applied for Super Visa for 10 years and its meant to be for a family reunion purpose. I mentioned clearly in the letter of invitation that she will be here for 1 year and spend summer vacations with grandchildren and some quality time with daughter and other relatives but still the Visa Officer was still not convinced.

Can someone help and explain that if there's no property in the name of parents who r applying for Supervisa for 10 yrs and their children are taking the ownership of their expenses, providing a proof of LICO through T4 and NOA, providing good medical insurance as well then how to address refusal reasons like: intent to leave not clear and strong ties in Canada??? How is Supervisa different from Visit Visa then?? Can writing a letter to MP make a difference ...can anyone share their experience on this. Pls. do get back if anyone faced the similar situation and handled it effectively. Your help can certainly make a difference here!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Super visas is just a type of multiple visit visas. I think you know the difference since your mother had applied both. Also, in the invitation letter, don't just emphasis that she will be there for a year and spend summer vacations with grandchildren and quality time with daughter and relatives - otherwise you would demonstrate how strong the ties in Canada - which would likely be a refusal reason.

alhassan

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
family class
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
march 2012
Nomination.....
oct 2011
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
march 2012
Med's Request
20 nov 2012
Med's Done....
07 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1. 25 feb 2013,,PPR2.14 March 2013 Decision made. 17 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
28 march 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013 ALhamduLLiulah
Able said:
Dear Seniors- My mothers Super visa got refused today and earlier she was refused visit visa also. Main reasons for rejection are strong ties in Canada as my brother and I both are in Canada. She has a good bankbalance but property transfer in her name is in process right now so I didnot attach any property documents this time.

Going forward,I am thinking of applying for GMCA notes first and from there I will move forward by getting property documents and also my brother is going back to Pakistan in few months and so that will probably address their concerns for strong ties. Also, my mother looks after a downsyndrome child voluntarily and so do you think that will also show her ties with backhome and helps ppl with matrimonial matters on volunteer basis. Previously, i have always shown her Home-maker but this time if I mention all this...will it be positive or not?

From your experiences, pls. share the best of your knowledge to address the Strong ties concern...Also, pls. have a look at the steps I am planning to take and advise I will really appreciate that.
When did you apply for your mother super visa?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
First of all, SuperVisa isn't always a 10-year multi-entry visa; it's given till your passport is valid. For example, if your mom's PP is valid for another 2 years; she will get 2 year visa or less. My mom faced denial on few occasions for visit visa; but eventually got the SuperVisa in 2012. She is a widow and I'm her only child, furthermore she doesn't have that much property either back home - but fortunately this didn't act as a strong tie to Canada for her. Hence, your case seems unfortunate to me.

BTW, here's few things I can recommend:
1. You're right to pursue GCMS/CAIPS notes to identify the real reasons behind the refusal.
2. DO NOT mention that she is coming here to stay for a year. I said that my mom will be here for 8 months.
3. Provide property docs/bank statements/any other asset in your mom's name.
4. Make sure you meet LICO comfortably.
5. Make strong case in your invitation letter stating why your mom has to go back after her visit.