+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super-visa refused for Mother- Need advice

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I and my wife are permanent residents of Canada. I have online applied for my mother super visa on April 4rth 2019 and biometric letter received on April 8th, 2019 but the super visa was refused on April 29, 2019, I and my wife both have a more than $65,000 annual income and both are the taxpayer.

The purpose of the visit was to meet me and my wife as I got married in 2017 in Canada and my mother never seen my wife so I would like her to visit us and spend six months with us.

Mother History: She is about 71 years old. She is retired from Pakistan Army and served 14 years as a Captain and got retirement in 1979. She has a residential property in Pakistan. She has a Bank Balance of around $91000 CAD. She is also getting a pension from the Pakistan Army, she also has a travel history and visited Dubai and stay there for less than a month. She applied US visit visa for last year and it was refused too. (I forget to mention the US visit refusal in Mother Canadian Super-visa application)

Refused application on following grounds:-

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.

I also applied GCMC notes and it says:-

"I have reviewed the application. The applicant's purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented. The applicant has not been truthful in the responses to the statutory questions. As a result, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reason above, I have refused the application."

Please review the application and advice on how can we improve the application in order to re-apply the super-visa. What would you suggest, How can we add previous US visit visa refusal in new super-visa application?

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to any help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I and my wife are permanent residents of Canada. I have online applied for my mother super visa on April 4rth 2019 and biometric letter received on April 8th, 2019 but the super visa was refused on April 29, 2019, I and my wife both have a more than $65,000 annual income and both are the taxpayer.

The purpose of the visit was to meet me and my wife as I got married in 2017 in Canada and my mother never seen my wife so I would like her to visit us and spend six months with us.

Mother History: She is about 71 years old. She is retired from Pakistan Army and served 14 years as a Captain and got retirement in 1979. She has a residential property in Pakistan. She has a Bank Balance of around $91000 CAD. She is also getting a pension from the Pakistan Army, she also has a travel history and visited Dubai and stay there for less than a month. She applied US visit visa for last year and it was refused too. (I forget to mention the US visit refusal in Mother Canadian Super-visa application)

Refused application on following grounds:-

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.

I also applied GCMC notes and it says:-

"I have reviewed the application. The applicant's purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented. The applicant has not been truthful in the responses to the statutory questions. As a result, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reason above, I have refused the application."

Please review the application and advice on how can we improve the application in order to re-apply the super-visa. What would you suggest, How can we add previous US visit visa refusal in new super-visa application?

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to any help.
You are lucky she didn't get banned because you weren't honest about the previous refusal. Does she have any ties to Pakistan that will prove she will return.

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
You are lucky she didn't get banned because you weren't honest about the previous refusal. Does she have any ties to Pakistan that will prove she will return.
Yes she has bank balance and property in Pakistan and currently living with her nephew family. I am the only son and currently living in Canada.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes she has bank balance and property in Pakistan and currently living with her nephew family. I am the only son and currently living in Canada.
That doesn't sound like strong ties to me. How does this prove that she will return to Pakistan? It sounds more like she'll stay with you for good.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very unusual to live with a nephew's family. Assume you intend for her to remain in Canada and hope you can sponsor her next year. CIC is right to be concerned.

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
That doesn't sound like strong ties to me. How does this prove that she will return to Pakistan? It sounds more like she'll stay with you for good.
she has a property and bank balance back home and also she will not like to live here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
she has a property and bank balance back home and also she will not like to live here
A bank account back home means nothing and her nephew is living in her property. Culturally CIC is aware that your mother should live with you. She will have to convince CIC that she plans to return to Pakistan.

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
A bank account back home means nothing and her nephew is living in her property. Culturally CIC is aware that your mother should live with you. She will have to convince CIC that she plans to return to Pakistan.
Do you have any idea, what would she mention to convince CIC that she will return to paksitan?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Just an addition, with all due respect to all the advice, since the rejection reason is “Purpose of travel”, make sure to have a really strong one when you reapply.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Many trying to get a Supervisa for their parents have said the same thing , that the parents would not want to live in Canada , however once they get approved to visit , they file a H & C claim to stay . Not saying you would do this , but the IRCC have seen it

Reactions: k.h.p.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Do you have any idea, what would she mention to convince CIC that she will return to paksitan?
If you can't even convince us that she will return to Pakistan, your chances of convincing IRCC are slim.

You tell us - will she return to Pakistan, or will she stay with you for good?