+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa questions

max101

Star Member
Sep 9, 2005
Any feedback is welcome on following questions..

1) My wife and I are planning to apply for Super Visa for my parents and her parents all together at the same time. Can we write a combined Invitation letter and supporting documents for Income? Or do we have to write separate letters and documents for each applicant?

2) Regarding Income verification for self-employed inviter, CIC website says “If self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming their annual income”. I don’t have any personal accountant since I file taxes by myself. What is the procedure to get this letter from accountant?

3) Is it better to apply online or apply using paper application?

4) I understand we need to pre-purchase 1 year insurance for each applicant during application process. Let’s say they got the super visa, and then if they decide to visit for 6 months, can we cancel 1 year insurance and then buy 6 month insurance? I mean when they arrive in Canada do they need to show 1 year insurance even if they have return ticket after 6 month?

5) In the invitation letter, is it okay to state that parents are visiting during child birth?

6) If Super-visa get rejected, can we immediately apply for regular visitor visa?

Thank you.

Vikask

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Max,

I can answer the insurance part of your question since that is what I deal in.

As a condition for applying for Super Visa Insurance you need at least $100,000 insurance for 1 year from a Canadian based Insurance company.

If you Super Visa is denied - you show proof and can get 100% of your premium back

If the visitors plan to stay here for less than 1 year you are entitled for a refund which is prorated provided you have not filed for any claim.

Remember there is a LICO limit that you need to prove and it is based on the number of people that income will be supporting including your visitors. So if you planning to sponsor more visitor you need to show higher income as per the LICO chart.

If you need further information about Super Visa Insurance you may reach me at vikas@punjabinsurance.ca

Thanks

Vikas