+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Question

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
I will need your opinion.

My mother-in-law have her Multiple Entry Visa for 5 years and will be expiring this Oct 2019. She was in Canada to visit us for 2 years from Feb 2017 to Feb 2019. I just kept applying for an extension that is why she was with us for 2 years. On Dec 2018, I applied her for another extension so she can stay with us for another 6 months but she got refused on that application which is she can only stay until Feb 28 2019. She went back home on Feb 22 2019.

Since she was staying in Canada for 2 years with us, So my question is, Should I apply her right now? Will it affect because she got an extension application refused if i apply her right now? or wait until August 2019 to apply her? which is 6 months from the date she went back home. Also i want her to come back on Sept 2019 anyways.

TIA

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I will need your opinion.

My mother-in-law have her Multiple Entry Visa for 5 years and will be expiring this Oct 2019. She was in Canada to visit us for 2 years from Feb 2017 to Feb 2019. I just kept applying for an extension that is why she was with us for 2 years. On Dec 2018, I applied her for another extension so she can stay with us for another 6 months but she got refused on that application which is she can only stay until Feb 28 2019. She went back home on Feb 22 2019.

Since she was staying in Canada for 2 years with us, So my question is, Should I apply her right now? Will it affect because she got an extension application refused if i apply her right now? or wait until August 2019 to apply her? which is 6 months from the date she went back home. Also i want her to come back on Sept 2019 anyways.

TIA
Short answer:
Your mother-in-law has already proved that she is not a genuine short-stay visitor considering her previous stay of two years as a TRV visitor.

She must remain in her home country for at least 1-1.5 years to re-establish her ties there before she applies for a super visa or another TRV

Reactions: scylla

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
Short answer:
Your mother-in-law has already proved that she is not a genuine short-stay visitor considering her previous stay of two years as a TRV visitor.

She must remain in her home country for at least 1-1.5 years to re-establish her ties there before she applies for a super visa or another TRV
Can i try and apply her just to try my chances? Is it likely to be denied 100% Hoping that they can consider it because the only family that she has back home is her 2 sisters. My mother-in-law does not have any job and property. She is only depending on our monthly support to her by sending money every month.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can i try and apply her just to try my chances? Is it likely to be denied 100% Hoping that they can consider it because the only family that she has back home is her 2 sisters. My mother-in-law does not have any job and property. She is only depending on our monthly support to her by sending money every month.
You can certainly try. It would be quite optimistic to expect a super visa approval if she applies anytime soon.

Based on your post, she does not make the TRV cut as she lacks the finances + strong ties + she has already stayed for 2 years on a TRV entry

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
You can certainly try. It would be quite optimistic to expect a super visa approval if she applies anytime soon.

Based on your post, she does not make the TRV cut as she lacks the finances + strong ties + she has already stayed for 2 years on a TRV entry
I have another question. I will apply her online and if they ask for medical, are they gonna send the request by mail or through ircc online account?

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
Online account. BTW she can take her medicals upfront i.e. before she actually applies
1. So if she do her medicals upront, does she get a proof that she gets it like a receipt or a document showing that it is done? and if it does, since i am going to apply her online, is there any section online where i can upload that in there?

2. For example if she gets approve on her super visa application. Can she stay with us for 2 years straight without going back home? Is there any scenario that if she speaks to the guy on the port of entry that she tell the guy that she will only stay for 1 year but then after 1 year, she wants to stay for another year so total of 2 years, does she has to apply for an extension of stay for another year?

TIA

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
1. So if she do her medicals upront, does she get a proof that she gets it like a receipt or a document showing that it is done? and if it does, since i am going to apply her online, is there any section online where i can upload that in there?

2. For example if she gets approve on her super visa application. Can she stay with us for 2 years straight without going back home? Is there any scenario that if she speaks to the guy on the port of entry that she tell the guy that she will only stay for 1 year but then after 1 year, she wants to stay for another year so total of 2 years, does she has to apply for an extension of stay for another year?

TIA
The length of stay is determined by the officer when she arrives, most likely it is 2 years for a super visa. You do not need to have a return ticket booked. If she is given two years, and she had originally said only one year she does not need to apply for an extension.

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
The length of stay is determined by the officer when she arrives, most likely it is 2 years for a super visa. You do not need to have a return ticket booked. If she is given two years, and she had originally said only one year she does not need to apply for an extension.
I have a question about medical Exam upront. So if she do her medicals upront, does she get a proof that she gets it like a receipt or a document showing that it is done? and if it does, since i am going to apply her online, is there any section online where i can upload that in there?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I have a question about medical Exam upront. So if she do her medicals upront, does she get a proof that she gets it like a receipt or a document showing that it is done? and if it does, since i am going to apply her online, is there any section online where i can upload that in there?
To be honest I don't entirely remember because it was for my inlaws and I was really just co signing the visa to meet income requirements, but I vaguely recall that its is connected to their UCI number, and I think you are given like a barcode receipt which you upload. But please wait for others to respond to confirm.

We also did our exams upfront, it quickened the process a bit. You have to find a Dr. that are on their approved list, I bet if you called one of them they would also be able to provide details.

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
Super Visa:

Application Submitted Online - May 30, 2019
Application Received - May 30, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 31, 2019
Biometrics Done - June 5, 2019
Medical Request - June 6, 2019

Any good signs of getting the application approve soon if my mother-in-law's medical is done?

dhillons59

May 14, 2018
Super Visa:

Application Submitted Online - May 30, 2019
Application Received - May 30, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 31, 2019
Biometrics Done - June 5, 2019
Medical Request - June 6, 2019

Any good signs of getting the application approve soon if my mother-in-law's medical is done?
I have applied for my MIL on 1st may and biometrics were done on 10th may.. haven’t heard from them yet... we did upfront medical though..

ma618

Jul 2, 2009
Hi Experts,
My mother's Super Visa has expired this April, she always stays for duration of 6 months or less with us, never over stayed. Last time we applied for paper application, her medical and bio metric was done last time.
My question is can I apply for her super visa now as 2 months are already gone or do I need to wait one or 2 months? , can I apply this time online?,can someone share the link if it is possible to apply online as it is a hassle for older people to wait in line early morning and then get a number to get in any Gerry's location for paper application.
Can I upload NOA, Insurance letter, and letter of invitation online, is there any other paper require for online application, last time I provided these documents from Canada and my parents submitted bank of statement and property document for super visa.
your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ali