+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Query: Proof of Insurance

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I want to apply for my mother’s Super Visa.
As a part of the application, I need to provide Proof of health insurance.

What if we show an insurance from a Canadian Insurance company for visa purpose but when she comes she carries insurance from Indian health insurance company .I am bent towards Indian insurance because I get better rates there.

In other words, does it mean that if she has a Super visa then we are stuck for furture that she will always have to carry insurance from a Canadian insurance company ? Insurance from India can never be used?

Regards
JSPCAN

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I want to apply for my mother’s Super Visa.
As a part of the application, I need to provide Proof of health insurance.

What if we show an insurance from a Canadian Insurance company for visa purpose but when she comes she carries insurance from Indian health insurance company .I am bent towards Indian insurance because I get better rates there.

In other words, does it mean that if she has a Super visa then we are stuck for furture that she will always have to carry insurance from a Canadian insurance company ? Insurance from India can never be used?

Regards
JSPCAN
Needs to be Canadian insurer when she applies and enters.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/super-visa.html#health

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Naturgrl,

Thanks for your response. I saw this info before posting the query. I am looking for some answeres on the secondary questions which follow:

Does it mean that if she carries a Super visa then we are stuck for furture that she will always have to carry insurance from a Canadian insurance company ? Insurance from India can never be used ?

Would appreciate response from other knowledgeable members too, as its an unclear topic and leave many questions opened.

Regards
JSPCAN

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Naturgrl,

Thanks for your response. I saw this info before posting the query. I am looking for some answeres on the secondary questions which follow:

Does it mean that if she carries a Super visa then we are stuck for furture that she will always have to carry insurance from a Canadian insurance company ? Insurance from India can never be used ?

Would appreciate response from other knowledgeable members too, as its an unclear topic and leave many questions opened.

Regards
JSPCAN
Must purchase Canadian supervisa insurance yearly as a condition of allowing your mother to visit on a supervisa. A long visit is a privilege with comes with certain conditions. In fairness Canada is only requiring 100k coverage on a supervisa which is an incredibly low amount. Many seniors actually access emergency healthcare, many want to visit for a long period of time increasingly the likelihood of a medical emergency and given the age of policy holders prices are justified.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi ,

I am not disputing the fact that why insurance or the amount of insurance.

All I am asking is that will she always have to carry insurance from a Canadian insurance company only OR insurance from an Indian company can be used aswell ?

The Health insurance guideline mentions:
------------
"The applicant must provide satisfactory evidence that they have valid health insurance from a Canadian insurance company or an insurance company outside Canada that is approved by the minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship"

Footnote 1
Currently, no foreign insurance companies have been designated by the Minister. If a client specifically requests in their application that a foreign insurance company be considered for approval by the Minister, please contact the Immigration Program Guidance Branch for further direction

--------------

Can any one pls guide how to contact Immigration Program Guidance Branch.

Regards
JSPCAN

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi ,

All I am asking is that will she always have to carry insurance from a Canadian insurance company only OR insurance from an Indian company can be used aswell ?

------------
"The applicant must provide satisfactory evidence that they have valid health insurance from a Canadian insurance company or an insurance company outside Canada that is approved by the minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship"

Footnote 1
Currently, no foreign insurance companies have been designated by the Minister. If a client specifically requests in their application that a foreign insurance company be considered for approval by the Minister, please contact the Immigration Program Guidance Branch for further direction

--------------

Regards
Hi ,

------------

Footnote 1

--------------

Regards
JSPCAN
You click on the link “ Immigration Program Guidance Branch “ on what you posted
Opens up an email
You click on the link “ Immigration Program Guidance Branch “ on what you posted
Opens up an email

realzaheer

Sep 29, 2016
Hello everyone, I am planning to apply supervisa for my parents. Both of their passports are valid until Nov 2025. My question is if I apply now would they be getting the visas until the passport expiration date( Nov 2025) or for the next 10 years? Avaiting a kind response from your all divorced experiences. Thanks.