+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Passport submission issue

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Hi guys,

I applied for super visa for my parents thru a lawyer. Was told takes 1-2 months for processing. Seems like my mom got her app approved in only a weeks time and my dad's application is still under process ? Could there be any reason why they did not approve both of them together ? It is Delhi office in India.
Also my mom had received the approval letter way before expected and so the lawyer did not seem to check her status earlier which caused the delay in the submission of the passport. My lawyer just noticed that my mom's app has been approved as opposed to my dad's who is also the primary applicant. my dad's status is still being reviewed. The 30 days have already passed by and we have not submitted the passport, I just got a screenshot saying it was approved and waiting for passport. my mom is going to vfs to submit the passport, will there be any issue during submission or will vfs accept it regardless ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi guys,

I applied for super visa for my parents thru a lawyer. Was told takes 1-2 months for processing. Seems like my mom got her app approved in only a weeks time and my dad's application is still under process ? Could there be any reason why they did not approve both of them together ? It is Delhi office in India.
Also my mom had received the approval letter way before expected and so the lawyer did not seem to check her status earlier which caused the delay in the submission of the passport. My lawyer just noticed that my mom's app has been approved as opposed to my dad's who is also the primary applicant. my dad's status is still being reviewed. The 30 days have already passed by and we have not submitted the passport, I just got a screenshot saying it was approved and waiting for passport. my mom is going to vfs to submit the passport, will there be any issue during submission or will vfs accept it regardless ?
This seems suspicious, because My CIC doesn't show "approved" before the passport is submitted, and a super visa application at NDVO in one week is unheard of.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
i know it is strange. We are going regardless tomorrow itself to submit the passport. My question is 30 days have already passed now so will Vfs accept the passport submission ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
i know it is strange. We are going regardless tomorrow itself to submit the passport. My question is 30 days have already passed now so will Vfs accept the passport submission ?
Probably not. Do you have a passport request letter to show for it? They would only accept it past 30 days if there is written authorization from the visa office.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Yes passport request letter is there, but it says it could refuse the application, but does not state they will refuse it. Also the Vfs website doesn't say that they won't accept any passport request that have passed the 30 day period

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes passport request letter is there, but it says it could refuse the application, but does not state they will refuse it. Also the Vfs website doesn't say that they won't accept any passport request that have passed the 30 day period
I suppose VFS will only be too happy to take your fees.

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Yeah I don't mind that as long as they submit it as cic is still waiting for the passport
*************************************************************************************
Can you please, update your application process. did your father get visa or not? i am going through the similar situation.