+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Passport Request 2022

Mahina Yesmin

Feb 1, 2019
advice?
I am so frustrated by the situation of my mother application.

First of all,I applied for mother under super visa back in 2020 just before the pendamic has started in Canada.In 2 years it was just stuck after doing the biometric.

Then I applied back again in Jan,2022.In Feb they asked for more proof of income from the sponser(me).I applied with my and my co signer’s employment letters only.After 2-3 days without giving me any chance to submit any other proof of income they just sent a refusal letter saying that I don’t meet the income requirements. Then I request them to re open the application and give me a chance to send my t4 or NOA.They consider the situation and re opened the file.Then I provided T4s(that time the tax file wasn’t ready) and later on the NOA. It’s been 10 months after re applying this year and 5 months after submitting theadditional income documents but still there is no update or nothing else in my file. It’s just showing that they are reviewing the additional documents I provided since May.It is so frustrating to wait a long period of time for the visa for both me and my mother.
Please someone help me and give me your valuable advice what should I do?
Do I need to re apply?

ouahmed611

Feb 10, 2021
Hi guys .. Finally got the PPR request for the super visa for my parents. I need you all to guide me.
My mom existing passport is valid till Jan 2028 which give me 5 years on the visa.
Should I renew her passport now and send the new passport along with the old one. Anyone have any experience of doing something like that.
Will this increase the duration of the visa. As the visa is stamped for 10 years and so is the validity of the new passport.
Many thanks in advance.
Timeline
Applied online - everything was done in Saudi Arabia (old GC key portal)
Application submitted : 15 Dec 2021
Biometrics request : 20 Dec 2021
Medical request : 25 March 2022
Medical submitted : 05 April 2022
Medical passed : 12 April 2022
PPR : 13 April 2022
Hi @Khojee,
What did you end up doing eventually?

I am in the same situation, got passport request on Oct 26 for my parents and wondering if I should renew their passports before sending for stamping.